Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Rewards "isn't supported in this country"?

(Topic created on: 07-12-2023 06:27 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
For the past month or maybe longer in the Members app when I go to the benefits section it doesn't show my Samsung Rewards points at the top anymore. Also when I click 'join' it loads for few seconds before showing me a pop-up that states:

"Can't use Samsung Rewards
Samsung Rewards isn't supported in this country."

This is weird because I know it is supported, I live in the UK. I don't have a VPN in use when I visit the benefits section, I have location services on within my phone settings and the in app permission within the Members app has the location permission granted so I'm a bit confused to why this keeps happening. A few months ago it would essentially do the same. I would go to the benefits section of the members app, it would show my points as blank but they would appear after I clicked on 'join', though it would revert back each time I exited the app.

Even when I log into my account on the Samsung website, it initially doesn't show me as signed up to rewards until I click on 'Join' and only then does it display my points total.

A weird sidenote to this. When I was just a Rewards member, on the website on my Rewards page it would default show the Rewards+ benefits below instead of Rewards. Now that I'm a Rewards+ member it defaults to show the Rewards member benefits below instead of Rewards+.

It's all a bit strange. 

19 REPLIES 19
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Here's what I'm talking about.1701973691194.jpg1701973691220.jpg1701973691242.jpg1701973691266.jpg
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Out of interest, where did you get your device from?

Did you buy it from abroad?
What CSC does it have? Ideally you are looking for an EUX code for the UK.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Every single piece of Samsung tech I own has been bought from Samsung.com/UK or via the Samsung shop app whilst physically being inside the UK at the time of purchase.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Here's the model codes for my main two pieces of Samsung tech.SmartSelect_20231207_190515_Settings_1000000221_1701976219.jpgSmartSelect_20231207_190546_Settings_1000000222_1701976303.jpg
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should contact support
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
I have just managed to check my rewards points, I like you have tried it first said it wasn't supported in my country the UK but I messed about and signed the policy it keeps asking and manged to bring up my account but it took a lot of time to do so. Try to rejoin and use the members app if you can't manged to do so on the Web site.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I mean just to be clear on a rank of how annoying this is out of 10 this is about a 1. I know I have points and I know where to find them, it just means I have to go to the Samsung website, log in, click on Join Samsung Rewards then the page refreshes and shows me my points. However, an underlying concern I have is that because it says that Samsung Rewards is not available in my country that I may be losing out on Rewards+ specific deals. For example it is listed that Rewards+ membership can get you:

"Bonus Points Boosts

Get extra points boosts to spend on
samsung.com"

and also

"Personalised Gifts and offers

Offers for you to enjoy as you choose"

But I'm not sure where you would find out about these boosts or personalised offers. Has anyone received any such bonuses and if so how was it communicated to you?
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Nothing works for me to get it showing on the Members app. When I click the banner to join just below where it should show me my points it just takes me to the website anyway.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok this is weird, when I go to "Registered Devices" it has my S23 Ultra's Model Code saved as SM-S918BLGHEUB instead of SM-S918BLGHEUX. Similarly it has my Tablet S9 Ultra registered as SM-X916BZEEEUB instead of SM-X916BZEEEUX. My Watch 5 Pro shows in the setting as having a model code of SM-R920NZTABTU but in registered devices it shows SM-R920NZTAEUA. What's going on? I need to find the boxes and see what they all show on them