Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung pass wont import passwords "Can't import files of this type"

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 02:16 PM)
Mr-mart
Apprentice
Options
I have tried csv and kdbx but they don't work. which type of file format would work for importing passwords?
Go to solution
17 REPLIES 17
Mr-mart
Apprentice
Options
I do not at all
0 Likes
sskelA
Journeyman
Options

It is such a bull..it.

Was curious about using Samsung internet, but turns out it Doesn't work with Google password manager, and at the same time I can't import Google passwords in Samsung pass. 🤦‍ WTF I can't delete this -> ♂️ 

Hellogunj
Student
Options

If Samsung wishes to move user from using Samsung Pass instead of Google passwords, it should offer more options to import existing passwords to its app.. This is strange, my Chrome has around 120+ website passwords but Samsung Pass only knows just 3-4 after start to use this device. Have to re-educate the new mobile which is plain time waste.,

RozvM
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

You can reduce that time if you sync your Samsung Pass data via your Samsung account.

Kérlek nyomj a MEGJELÖLÉS MEGOLDÁSKÉNT! gombra, hogyha az adott hozzászólás megoldotta a problémádat. Ezzel nem csak a mi munkánkat, hanem a felhasználók gyorsabb és könnyebb tájékozódását is elősegítheted!

0 Likes
rdaldk
First Poster
Options

Ignorant answer to a ridiculous problem.

Muamml
First Poster
Options

Use Microsoft authentication app, it's work fine with Samsung keyboard (auto fill service), and it's accept csv files. (;

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I find Bitwarden to work better than Microsoft Authenticator. Bitwarden works everywhere and in all kinds of browsers. It works in Samsu.g Internet, Edge, Firefox, Chromium browsers, all kinds of apps, everywhere. There's also app for PC and extensions for all major browsers (Chromium, Firefox, Safari).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Samsung pass added / imported passwords in very first opened time from google autofill services 

Then I deleted all passwords from Samsung pass then tried to reimport like you do guys the same problem. 

0 Likes