Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 05:14 PM)
ALSY
Navigator
Options
I know this probably isn't the most highbrow of subjects or the most glamorous of apps, but I'm a big user of the Notes app as it's handy for throwing ideas down in and then picking them up on my Galaxy tab...or at least it would be if tab app would actually sync and pick up my notes. 

Lately, this is a real problem. I'll tap a quick note into my phone when I'm heading to bed, expecting that when I get to my tablet the next morning the note will be there...but it doesn't happen. 

I've checked that both devices are logged into the same Samsung account and that sync is enabled. I've also checked the background permissions on both devices, and app sleep settings, etc., but nothing seems to make a difference.

Does anybody out there have the same disjointed experience between phone and tab? Is there something I'm missing?

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers. 
3 REPLIES 3
Cool-Breeze
Journeyman
Options
Same problem with M31s and Tab A (was never an issue with Note 8 and Tab A).

Like you I have checked and double checked all the settings and have even reinstalled on both devices and cleared caches but still can't get them to sync properly.

When I say properly ...... whatever I add new to the M31s shows up on Tab A but nothing I add to the Tab A shows on the M31s not even the original notes that I have saved.

Don't want to use Microsoft One Note but don't seem to have a choice.
0 Likes
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Hi,

So, good news, since posting I have looked into all the settings on both my phone and my tab. And after a few tweaks everything works like clockwork.

The key was switching off all the 'intelligent' battery saver settings for the Samsung Notes app on both devices.

First off, allow background battery and data use. Second, turn off battery optimisation for the Samsung Notes app.

Really simple, but settings like optimisation were on by default...so why would you think to mess with it??

Making these simple changes has made a real difference, so when I write on one device the note appears pretty instantly on the other device. Hope this works for you, too.
Cool-Breeze
Journeyman
Options
Thanks ALSY, glad you got yours sorted but mine is still a pain.

Checked all the settings as you suggested, thanks for that, at least I know my settings are correct!

Just found out that the version on the M31s is creating "Old style notes" where as the pad is having to convert them to "New Style Notes" hence why the notes created on the pad are not showing on the phone (as it can only see old style notes).

I think that it may be the add-on that is missing. Perhaps the Note application is not compatible with the M31s, shame.
0 Likes