Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health permissions

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 09:09 AM)
DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
When I open my Health app, it says the privacy notice has been updated and displays a 'Continue' button. When I press it I get a message "To use this feature, you need to allow permission in settings", but it doesn't say what permission it needs...

What new permissions does the app need?
33 REPLIES 33
Theo426
First Poster
Options

I just deleted the stupid app after years of use...I don't have time for this (bad for my health)...I also killed stupid two-step verification silliness.  Every single account I have is requiring two step/pin/facial recognition. Russian hackers already have all my private information so I let Google Chrome save all my passwords so I can actually accomplish something on the devices I paid $1,000 for!

0 Likes
Danforthman
First Poster
Options

Genius! This works, bizarre as it is. I have been searching for this for weeks. Thanks!

SolomonU
First Poster
Options

"To use Samsung Health, you need to allow the following permissions in settings. Phone: Used to read your phone number so that people who have this number in your contacts can find you in Together." What if I don't want that? Did you ever consider that? I'm not using Samsung Health until you at least make the Phone permission optional.

0 Likes
DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
Once it's installed you should be able to go to Settings->Apps->Samsung Health and turn off any permissions you don't want it to use. That's what I did - now it just uses body sensors, location, physical activity, and notifications.
0 Likes