Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone software Update and now no data connection! Anyone have issues with apps connecting to data? Faster Battery Drain now too

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 05:11 AM)
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

Before I go to the phone page itself, let's try the software page...

Because ultimately this is a software issue. (With the Android 13 One UI Uopdate)

Just FYI, my friends (2 of them) have an S22 Phone on Verizon and BOTH have had this issue for almost a month since they got the same update.

I am on T-Mobile and have a Fold 4 - update came a few days ago and BAM!  My battery is like 3/4 a day quicker draining, and unless I restart the phone every 5-10 min, all apps and even google play store and Samsung apps like themes and such have NO data connection - some even when wifi is connected and working still act as if there is no data connection... ALL despite the phone showing 5GUC and FULL bars on top.

Went to t-mobile who says they have been flooded with calls on the same issue since they rolled out their version of the update (same as other carriers but made for their network and phones I am guessing) - ran tests and said their network is connected, my phones registered on it, and it is Samsung's issue - (tho they cannot legally say that but he said basically that is the issue - the One UI 5 Android 13 update) and said his hands are tied he cannot do anything to fix this.

I contacted support, (Samsung Support) who opened a case and would not admit the issue is widespread, said they don't feel too many people are having the same issue at all and said it was a "rare" case, and sent me to an Authorized Repair Center.

2 days later (and 5 factory resets later, so they say) they are baffled and said it is definitely an issue with the latest software update and will be communicating this to Samsung, (but off the record told me not to hold my breath) and then the repair center sent me packing with my phone still broke.

Soooooo, seeing my 2 friends have this exact issue - even on a different carrier than me, and different phone model, BUT with the same "Android 13 One UI 5" update - I know there have to be more of us with the same issue - please chime in here and let's show Samsung I am not crazy or an ***** or lying!  I want this patched and fixed ASAP!  This is unacceptable.  I have been #TeamSamsung for over 10 years but now I am wondering how they could even let this happen - this is crazy!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you have similar issues (and/or have a fix for this) post a reply, please!!!

15 REPLIES 15
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

lot of us in the USA I am finding out from other board, having Fitbit issues too after this update.  I do not use Fitbit, but hearing of many who do losing connectivity after the phone update.  Not fun

0 Likes
Dadds62
Journeyman
Options
Hi, Just wondering is everyone raising cases with Samsung? Surely by now Samsung must know there are several Very annoying issues.
Mines with a Fitbit Charge5 loosing connectivity after the android 13 update. I've tried, resetting fitbit, resetting phone, doing a network settings reset, uninstalling & reinstalling the fitbit app. Clearing the app &cache data, then reinstalling the app. Checking the permissions are okay for the app. Trying connectivity / connection tests at varying distances(nothing working so far), resetting the Dalvik cache, then from the recovery menu, repair apps.
I am angry and frustrated that the reply I got to my first support case, suggested immediately ,that the issue was fitbits to fix! Before going on to suggest a load of useless things to try!
Come on Samsung, get it fixed!
MW19
Journeyman
Options
Does anyone from Samsung actually read these posts to fix this issue??
0 Likes
Hot_Chilli
First Poster
Options
It's destroyed my WiFi as in it just doesn't work anymore and my phone gets stuck in a cycle of restarting occasionally. Samsung suggest new Motherboard after a flash reset failed following numerous factory resets. I've never had problems like it 😕.
0 Likes
Dadds62
Journeyman
Options
Hi All, check fir Samsung phone updates, I've just applied F936BXXU1BVL7, to my ZFold4 and it's fixed the pairing issue between charge5 and my zfold4, Yipee!
Thank you Samsung, now try to take more care in the future, Please!
0 Likes
Savage_Rose
Explorer
Options
My Fold 4 is doing the same thing, I get a data connection after I restart, but a few seconds later its gone, and the icon at the top of the screen also disappears.
0 Likes