Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Installer Keeps Stopping S10 Plus

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 10:27 AM)
NoahFancyGentleman
Apprentice
Options

2 updates ago I could still install apk files onto my phone, but after the one before the most recent got installed, some of my apps got deleted, that werent from the playstore, and now I can't install anything thats not from there. I tried installing apk installers from playstore, but they'd still give me the same message "package installer keeps stopping".
Whenever I try to install an apk with package installer, the bar showing it's installation runs up to 100% under a second, and then nothing happens. If I try right after that to install again, I get the notification saying "package installer keeps stopping". Can I somehow fix this? I think I read somewhere that I could factory reset my phone, but I'd rather not do that, cause it's a bother.
Btw I obviously don't root my phone, so I know I couldn't mess up anything on my end(probably).

5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Presumably you have allowed installation from unknown sources? If you have then these apps are not Android 11 compatible.
0 Likes
NoahFancyGentleman
Apprentice
Options

I allowed installing from unknown sources so that cant be the problem for me, and the apps I want to install are android 11 compatible. Even if some of the werent, I'm not trying to install one, I tried it with many and I couldnt install anything. I can't even install games/programs that I know for a fact should work!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
NoahFancyGentleman
Apprentice
Options

Yeah none of these work, except for factory rest, or atleast that's my last chance to fix it. Thank you for the help!

0 Likes
Quirkyalone
Apprentice
Options

I really don't want to do factory reset..is there any way around it 😕

0 Likes