Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old smartphone

(Topic created on: 26-09-2023 02:13 PM)
DanielWestbrook
Pathfinder
Options
After android 14, one ui6.
Samsung A52s 5g, i dont want to buy a new handset, any way I can keep the device safe and secure as, no security updates after 2025.?
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DanielWestbrook  obviously you are fine at the moment but a  risk  when  your Device reaches the end of support. I would suggest  that you do not download apps out with the official and also be selective about the apps you do install (as there can still be some vulnerabilities).  it is advisable to also limit permissions.  Ensure that anti virus app is  running and also be wary of Public wifi.

Some information here https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/blog/hotforsecurity/coming-surge-in-unsupported-android-devices-poses-... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

Solution
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
It all depends on what you do day to day. At the moment A52s is getting monthly updates, but soon Samsung will downgrade that to quarterly updates meaning it will get updates every 3 months.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DanielWestbrook  obviously you are fine at the moment but a  risk  when  your Device reaches the end of support. I would suggest  that you do not download apps out with the official and also be selective about the apps you do install (as there can still be some vulnerabilities).  it is advisable to also limit permissions.  Ensure that anti virus app is  running and also be wary of Public wifi.

Some information here https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/blog/hotforsecurity/coming-surge-in-unsupported-android-devices-poses-... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
It all depends on what you do day to day. At the moment A52s is getting monthly updates, but soon Samsung will downgrade that to quarterly updates meaning it will get updates every 3 months.