Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly purchased "Opened - Never used" phone has previous organisation admin restrictions

(Topic created on: 25-11-2023 04:31 PM)
Les Hodgson
First Poster
Options

Hi Folks. 

I just purchased a Galaxy S10E from a refurbishment company - sold as Opened never used.

The phone is absolutely pristine. On the opening screen is a message stating that the phone is "Owned by your organisation"
When the phone opens up there are Device Admin Apps which set restrictions. Apps are : Ivanti Go, Knox Enrollment Service, and Knox Service Plugin.

There is an admin account registered to the phone which I cannot access or delete. The account is called work-B0058C06FA6EEA4DDOB0F8416E708@android-for-work.gse....

It is not possible to delete or deactivate these apps. The deactivation option in settings is greyed out. 

I have carried out a factory reset which did not change anything.
The restrictions include being unable to use Google.com, Facebook. Play store is restricted to only about 20 apps. I cannot acces any of my usual apps such as internet banking, or any social media, flight following, travel apps. As it stands thephone is useless.

I have reported the problem to the seller and am waiting for a response.

I found info online which references the Samsung Knox service where these phones are set up en mass to suit large employers but no info on how I can obtain any relevant code to enable me to access  the settings to remove the restrictions.

Can anyone offer any advice on how I might resolve this while I am waiting for the seller to come back to me.

Kind regards

Les HodgsonScreenshot_20231125_093746.jpgScreenshot_20231125-075808_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20231125-075926_Google Play Store.jpgScreenshot_20231125-080127_Google Play Store.jpgScreenshot_20231125-080344_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20231125-080630_HEAT.jpgScreenshot_20231125-080750_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20231125-080811_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20231125-090859_Gallery.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Les Hodgson  clearly it is a Business device and the item certainly not as described.  If desired you should certainly be able to receive a Refund.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
Just set to factory 🏭 reset
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Les Hodgson  did Factory reset but apparently did not make a difference.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
Now that is a new one on me lol
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you factory data reset from the settings menu? If yes then I would go for a factory data reset from the recovery mode.

My own organisation recommends this when we swap phones between employees and works fine for us.
S24 Ultra