Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Files Folder option not in menu drop down when trying to attach a Word or PDF file via txt

(Topic created on: 15-06-2023 03:24 AM)
PeterPod
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung S22 when I try to create a new txt and want to attach a document file such word or PDF when I press the + in the txt message window to select download options the MyFiles folder option is not there.  Therefore I am unable to attach these documents to my TXT message. The confusing part is that it was available for another TXT message I did with for a different phone number?

No My Files OptionsNo My Files OptionsMy Files Option Available?My Files Option Available?

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Strange one. My GUESS is you can't send attachments is the other person doesn't have chat turned on so there is a data limit in effect by your carrier.
That's all I can think of.
What happens if you go to the Word document first, long press and share to messages?
PeterPod
Apprentice
Options

I've tried numerous other mobile numbers and there is no My File option in the drop? It looks like an unsolved mystery why I can't get the My Files to appear so I can attach document files except for that one time?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @PeterPod ,

Pugs1957 is along the right lines, I reckon: it’s to do with Rich Communications/RCS/Chat.

I had a play around on this one on my S10, and found that the My Files option only appears at all when the 'Chat features' is enabled (Messages > 3 dots > Settings > Chat settings > ‘Chat features’ toggled to on), and even then only for some of the mobile numbers I have in the Messages app. The message thread between me and my dad is one of those that has the My Files option permanently missing, for example. He has a Galaxy J6; and I confirmed that he has no option for RCS/Chat.

Given that, I’m guessing that both devices need to have Rich Communications/RCS/Chat enabled for My Files to be an option in the drop.

PeterPod
Apprentice
Options

I've solved the problem by using another another app. I press the + that opens a selection to get image/doc selection from various locations. I select Files which opens another menu you scroll the top section until i get to  My Files.

MyFiles 1A.jpgMyFiles 2A.jpgMessage App Icons.jpg

Screenshot_20230629_175909_Settings.jpg

0 Likes