Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing notifications from Ring devices

(Topic created on: 30-01-2023 02:01 PM)
Members_F84LUhZ
First Poster
Options

Has anyone had issues with notifications from ring cameras and door bell with android apps on A13 mobile phones

10 REPLIES 10
jaysadie7
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have a S21+ and have issues with the Ring doorbell app.

I've been through all the troubleshooting with the Ring representatives and they say it's an issue with my phone.

I get no sound with notifications so I don't know if anyone is at my door because I can't hear them.

To solve the problem I have to either restart my phone, un/re install Ring app, sign out/in to Ring app or lastly remove/grant permissions for Ring which is the quickest.

The solution usually lasts 30 mins to an hour then I'm back to where I started.

Any input more than welcome.

Thanks

jaysadie7
Journeyman
Options

Hello,  

I have the same problem,  I'm trying different things and I'll let you know if I can fix it.

dpmark
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution for this?

dpmark
Apprentice
Options

Same.  Has anyone found a solution for this?

jaysadie7
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have posted elsewhere on this site the solution.

Here it is for you.

On your phone - settings, apps.  Scroll down to Ring.  Storage, clear cache.

I found that if your cache goes above 2-3mb the notifications will stop audio.

I have been doing this for a while now and is the only long term solution that has worked.

0 Likes
jaysadie7
Journeyman
Options

You're welcome

0 Likes
dpmark
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately that doesn't fix it for me.

0 Likes
Lilmissmissy
Explorer
Options

I have been fighting with this for a month after the last two updates!  It's ultra frustrating when everything is great when you spend S23 Ultra money and it gets degraded with ever 'update'!   Yesterday in addition to having done everything possible to correct it, I noticed after 6.1 update,  my Ring Notification in settings,  no longer shoes Notification categories which is NECESSARY to set notifications for multiple cameras.  I have 4!  I am perplexed and I don't believe it's a RING problem.

Jayne Reed
0 Likes
jaysadie7
Journeyman
Options

I got nowhere with Samsung customer services and worked it out myself with internet searches. When my phone dies I won't be buying another Samsung. I'm also having problems with smart speakers unable to ring my phone. Again Samsung no help whatsoever. Time to ditch and switch, and never look back.