Did you mean: 

Original topic:

locked screen during alarm?!

(Topic created on: 29-04-2021 05:11 PM)
McVitas
Apprentice
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Hello this is quite annoying issue. It does not happen always, but often enough.

I have my alarm set to wake me up in the morning, but sometimes it starts to ring but the screen is locked so I can't stop it! I have to unlock the screen but alarm is not on the screen, so I have to go through notifications and find it there! This is super inconvenient. If there were other people sleeping or I was in the meeting or whatever I would totally disturb everyone around before I manage to stop the alarm! Please check and fix this.

Galaxy S10

4 REPLIES 4
SaudA
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Hi @McVitas, are you using the default Clock app to set up this alarm? When the alarm goes off, do you see any options to snooze it on the screen?  

0 Likes
McVitas
Apprentice
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

yes I am using default clock. About question In don't understand why you ask. I already wrote in OP that when this happens the screen is locked, so no I don't see any snooze.

0 Likes
SaudA
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Thanks, the reason I asked that is because normally even when the screen is locked, the option to Snooze comes up at the bottom. Try this: Settings > Apps > Clock > Storage > Clear cache and restart the phone.

If that doesn't help, can you confirm if you have Do you have Do not disturb mode on? 

0 Likes
EmmaBaker
Student
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
I now have the same problem with my new Samsung. Old phone was fine and could snooze and dismiss alarm without having to unlock. Really annoying. Has anyone found a way around this? Do not disturb mode is not on, the alarm does ring, just can't easily snooze!
0 Likes