Neo001
Legend
Options

You could use VPN to access internet.

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Having your ip address on its own is meaningless its dynamic so changes unless you have a static ip address they can give your geolocation but on its own does not give access to your computer. They would have to hack your isp or by other means to get access to your PC.

You would be hacked by script or software being sent to your computer these days, email, message etc..

To be honest unless your looking at sketchy websites and leaving yourself open to abuse by signing up to all sorts using your primary email address you have nothing to worry about.

My best advise is to have a throwaway email address you only use for signing up to as I say sketchy websites and forums actually, forums are one of the biggest targets for people data gathering and dating sites I'd assume. Also never use your full name and correct dob when signing up unless it's for trusted websites, banking etc..

I certainly wouldn't spend any money on security software or vpn, if you using a vpn your more often than not trying to hide what your doing or changing your geolocation to access services not available in the UK, Other than that it's pointless for an average home user.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@vickkie  Advantages of VPN is likely not necessary unless you wish to access particular non uk services, data is encrypted. However some information on uses here https://uk.pcmag.com/vpn/117675/do-i-need-a-vpn-at-home 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes