Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've seen this 3 or 4 times now.  Can anyone explain please?

(Topic created on: 03-06-2019 04:54 PM)
nigel901
First Poster
Options

Hi All

4hours ago I went on a 3.76mile lunchtime walk, which was 7275 steps.

Screenshot_20190603-162307_Samsung Health.jpg

Now when I look at the the S-Health home page it says I have only done a total of 5592 steps today.  How can this be possible?  What's going wrong os it me or is the Samsung Health app incapable of some simple maths?

Screenshot_20190603-162231_Samsung Health.jpg

The steps are recorded on my Galaxy S7.  I dont have a smart watch, so no issue with comunication.  In anycase the app already knows Ive done an activity of over 7000 steps, so theres no excuse for getting the total step count less than the activity.  As you can see my walking speed averaged 3.7mph, so its not like i was wandering around slowly ar anything.

Any ideas whats going wrong?

With the other steps that I've done today I should be at around 8000, now having made the effort to go out at luch time I still need to go out this evening.  What's more I'm 3000 steps down in the June Challenge.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Nigel6
First Poster
Options

On Friday I did walk of 11215 steps, but the step counter says I've only done 9487 !!!!!

Should have been around 15000 steps total as I had already done 1800 steps before the walk !!!!!

I wonder if Garmin can add two numbers together?

1.JPG

2.JPG

0 Likes
Nigel6
First Poster
Options

Just looked at my phone for todays walk.

The walk was 5106 steps and I had already got a step count of just over 1500 steps.

From my calculations that means the step count should now be atleast 6600 steps, with just 400 steps to go to hit todays target of 7000 steps.

But guess what?

My phone says I've only done 5170 total:

3.JPG

That works out at just 64 steps all morning :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

Which means I've lost another 1400 steps today !!!!!

So now I have to go out for another walk!!!

I'm beginning to think that the Samsung step counter is just a random number generator.

I was thinging of buying a Samsung Galaxy Watch, but some how I think I'll be giving it a miss.

0 Likes