Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play (Enable Auto Update)

(Topic created on: 30-05-2023 11:21 AM)
thejl22
Pioneer
Options
Hi guys 

Will Google Play still automatically update apps even if the app is closed?

Many thanks 

From Jamie 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I will be honest with you. When I had auto updates turned on in Google play and galaxy store. Upon checking no apps were updating and there were many to be updated. Since turning auto updates off. I now get notifications from the playstore there are updates needed. So not so many to update each time now.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
When you goto Google play goto manage apps. Find the app you want and select.
Now goto the 3 dots in the top right . The bottom option un tiicked will disable the auto update.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Have you just found that out. as long as it's enabled in the app settings then they update automatically. Know since iv'e had a smartphone.
thejl22
Pioneer
Options
Ok thank you very much for your help much appreciated.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I would rather get notified for when apps have an update. Also if auto updates are on you have it running in the background all the time consuming more battery I guess.
thejl22
Pioneer
Options
No I've known about it for a long time. I just wanted to know if it will still auto update the apps if the Google Play app is closed that's all.
thejl22
Pioneer
Options
Yeah course that makes sense thanks again.
thejl22
Pioneer
Options
Ok thanks.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There may be issues with auto updates if the internet connection is not strong enough, enabling Auto updates over any Network is generally recommended as long as you have a large Data Allowance.  A power saving mode can also cause issues as background activity is limited, a more obvious one but also ensure you have sufficient storage.   if issues persist clearing the cache and Data of the app stores should help.  However whilst not  full proof a number have no problem with Auto Updates.

However obviously it is down to personal preference and optimising Battery will be important for some.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.