Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duped by Samsung trade in offer

(Topic created on: 29-06-2023 04:14 PM)
justcoder
Journeyman
Options

I have recently upgraded from the Samsung S21 to the S23 and I was given some EarBuds worth £220 for doing so.  I factored in the value of these when choosing to upgrade as I did not need them and will be selling them.

Today I have gone to advertise them for sale and see Samsung & Amazon are promoting a £70 cashback when buying these buds.... this has now increased the cost of my S23 by at least £100.....

So yeah feeling done by Samsung and think this is pretty nasty of them to have done this!!  As I am sure others have done the same, no wonder they do not clearly provide a complains channel.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Deals change all the time with Samsung, if you feel at the time your getting a good deal then you'd buy the phone. But as always there's a chance a better deal will appear further down the road irrespective if its 1 day or 2 months after you've made your purchase.

I'm not entirely sure how you can say you've been duped or that Samsung are nasty for changing up special offers though.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I kind of disagree with your logic here... and I can't see how you can add blame to Samsung for such an issue !

Just look at the new samsung buds 2 Pro as a freebie... they have a retail price of £219... but equally there is always a chance they will go on sale as well. This shouldn't go against your judgement.

If you go on ebay there are hundreds of pairs of buds pro for sale from 70 to 100... brand new and never unboxed. This happens every time there is a freebie.

Either keep them and have some good buds for free... which would ordinarily cost you somewhere between £100 and £200 to buy... otherwise sell them on for a contribution towards your overall costs of the purchase.

Good luck
Smiley.

P.s. I have just bought an S23ultra... and awaiting my new buds. I will be keeping them and see them as a great freebie 👍
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Did you get a £200 cashback deal as well. When purchasing the S23 Ultra?
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes there are some really good deals.

I actually got £400 cashback for S21ultra... £200 cashback which has been accepted by their system... and a free buds pro worth £219.

Effectively £819 of discounts. Boom 💥 !

I also bought a watch 5 pro and got some equally good discounts... £100 trade... £100 cashback.

A good week of new gear 😉

Smiley
- Smiley

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
That's incredible Smiley. They are great deals to be fair. 👍🏻
justcoder
Journeyman
Options
You really think they are a freebie?
0 Likes
justcoder
Journeyman
Options
I agree they are good deals that samsung are offering I am not arguing it. But every part of the deal is a factor of the overall cost of the phone to you. They impacting the value of their stated "freebie" as you put it because they are discounting it for all. So they are not actually £220 but should be stated are £150 because that is what anyone can buy them for. If this was clearly stated I can make a fair calculation of the overall cost. By conducting themselves the way they are I cannot and I think duped is a fair summary of their actions
0 Likes
justcoder
Journeyman
Options
£819 summary is in complete contradiction to what you originally said
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok, so by that reasoning... did you pay full price for the S23 phone, or did you benefit from a £200 cashback and other incentives in these deals ?

So it is appropriate for samsung to be allowed to add a cashback incentive to the handset and give free buds pro within the good deal currently ... but they are not allowed to offer a cashback incentive on the buds to someone to be bought alone ?

I am sorry... I still see no logic in this argument.

What you have achieved in this purchase is a handset... with a cashback deal... and a free pair of buds which would typically cost £219.

You should really be grateful for the incentives and free gear that you have been offered. This is a lot better than the deals offered during pre-orders in February !

Someone else explain this logic to me on the forum...

P.s. In 2 weeks time when the cashback deals have ended...the price will then be back to £219. Is that then more appropriate ?

Smiley.
- Smiley

0 Likes