Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve card being declined

(Topic created on: 26-01-2021 10:23 AM)
Lauz1987
Apprentice
Options
My curve card that previously worked on samsung pay is being declined via samsung pay on everything. Watch, phone and galaxy store. I only have my monzo card connected to my curve account as it is the reason I got curve, as samsung pay doesn't support monzo. My starling card (not connected to curve) works fine when I use it so definitely not an issue with samsung pay. Anyone having the same problem? And if you've solved it, how?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lauz1987
Apprentice
Options
Hey John. Sorry it's been a few days since I've had a chance to give your suggestion a go, I've been housebound with a migrane. So I used the physical card with the pin today, which worked fine, and just tried using samsung pay to buy something in the galaxy store and it worked! I haven't had a chance to try contactless yet, but I'm going to assume that will now work also. Thank you so much for your suggestion 😊

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
Honestly Curve customer service the worst service I ever had. Ridiculous and awful. More than 2 months ago I contacted to them via email and phone calls I requested please cancel my Curve account because I wanted the Samsung pay card. All the time same emails coming back like we are back to you soon and nothing happening. 2 times came an warning email about I opened a multiple account. I did not opened multiple account. I cannot applying Samsung pay card because I have Curve account. But they are not deleted my Curve account. I'm so angry and frustrated with Curve
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
What it could actually be is not the fault of Curve. Like any bank card, once you use it contactless 5 times it will keep being declined until the physical card is used and the pin entered. Then you have 5 more contactless goes, and so on.

This is purely to prevent fraud. So have you used your physical card and pin since?
0 Likes
Lauz1987
Apprentice
Options
Hmm, no i haven't actually. I will try to use the physical card when I go to the shop later. It never crossed my mind for some reason as my other accounts usually give me a notification through the app to say 'use pin next time'. I will get back to you and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion friend 😊
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
Ah you see, Nationwide aren't that forward thinking with their app, so I was trying and trying until a lady in Tesco told me!!! Hope it works for you! 👍
0 Likes
Solution
Lauz1987
Apprentice
Options
Hey John. Sorry it's been a few days since I've had a chance to give your suggestion a go, I've been housebound with a migrane. So I used the physical card with the pin today, which worked fine, and just tried using samsung pay to buy something in the galaxy store and it worked! I haven't had a chance to try contactless yet, but I'm going to assume that will now work also. Thank you so much for your suggestion 😊
0 Likes
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
Hey,
No worries, glad it has sort of worked, hopefully contactless works as well now.

The only thing now is to remember each 5 times you use it!! 🤣
0 Likes
Gadgetman1980
First Poster
Options
When you say physical card do you mean the curve card, or the card added to the curve account?
0 Likes
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
The added card from your bank account.
0 Likes
jahall333
First Poster
Options
I've used Samsung Pay+ with curve hundreds of times without ever using the physical underlying Barclaycard, no need.. then all of a sudden everything is being declined..
However my wife has my same Barclaycard on her Apple Pay and when I get declined she steps to the counter and it works, so nothing to do with using the physical card..
So unbelievably frustrating..
Help!
0 Likes