Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Default Gallery App

(Topic created on: 28-01-2020 10:42 PM)
LizzieL
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, 

I just moved from a Samsung S8 to Samsung S10e and it seems I can't change my default app to Google Photos instead of the Samsung Gallery.

I had this set up on the S8 so I have years of photos saved in my Google Photos but now it looks like the S10e forces you to use the Samsung Gallery app and only gives the option to sync to Samsung Cloud and not Google Photos.

Yes, I've tried changing all default app settings but it won't budge. 

In fact, the Google Photos app doesn't even open. It crashes immediately. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled etc..

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks, Lizzie 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @LizzieL,

Just to clarify, are you trying to set your Google Photos as the default storage location for pictures taken by the Camera? Or, do you mean when you download any photos, you want them to open in Google Photos?
cypeak
Apprentice
Options

thats exactly the same question i have.

those "default" samsung apps (you cannot uninstall them!) are super annoying!

i.e. wen i tap the smal preview in the camera app, i'd like to have the choice which app 8google photo, quickpic, etc.)  is opened instead that "Gallery" app. 

Thats a feature every cheap android phone has....to let me define default apps i.e for pictures.

the "default apps" setting on samsung doesn't even have a "default gallery" category.

i switched to samsung from bq- and while the hardware is better, the software is actually very disappointing!

0 Likes
SueF13
Student
Options

I also have this question. Gear 360 app no longer works (even though my Samsung S20 is listed as a supported device) because it can't open the gallery.  This would not be the case with Google Photos, the default on my old S8.

0 Likes
Guzuta
Explorer
Options

so any news on this?

0 Likes