Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot pay using Google Pay with my S20

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 05:50 PM)
icakababy
Student
Options

Hello folks,

I am in the UK and since I bought the phone around ~4 weeks ago I have not been able to pay with it. I use Google Pay because Samsung Pay does not support the banks I have accounts with. I made sure mobile data and NFC are turned on but nothing happens when I put the phone next to the payment device in several stores. I am not sure if my NFC works as expected.

I already contacted Google Pay support but they could not see any logs on their side and they redirected me to Samsung support. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Currently, Samsung support are busy so I was wondering if anyone has gone through a similar issue.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Big_Berny
First Poster
Options

Were you able to fix it? I have the exact same problem.

Did you transfer your data from your old device? I just cleared the data+cache of Google Pay, Play Store, Google Play Services. And I allowed Google Pay to run in the background in the battery settings. Will try tomorrow if it works now.

0 Likes
icakababy
Student
Options

I still have not fixed it, I contacted Google pay and Samsung support but they could not help me. I didn't transfer the data from my old device, I started from scratch. Let me know if that fixes it for you, thanks for the reply :smiling-face:

0 Likes