Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps on sd not showing in device care

(Topic created on: 14-05-2023 01:41 PM)
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
Hi everyone, I'm on the galaxy S10e, I've just moved loads of apps onto a Samsung evo select microSD (256gb) but the Storage manager in Device care still shows 
Internal storage:
Apps 50gb
But no more than 5gb of files & images etc on the SDcard page. I'll check it on a PC but...
Has anyone noticed this problem? 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
Cx file explorer reads Internal: 75gb used, 42.9gb of Apps. SDcard: 5.5gb used, (2.5gb videos, 3mb images,) 108bytes in other.
Device care reads Internal st: 78.63gb used, 51.52gb of Apps. SDcard: 5.16gb used, 2.8gb in other. (2.3gb videos, 2.8mb images) So I think I found the data I've saved! 😄 thankyou for the wonderful suggestion! I thought that until I saw the iops random speeds, so far games run and socials work but who knows how much data is run from/through the external, & ofcoarse most Apps don't even have the option, especially any using web3. 😂🤗
0 Likes
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
Just an update, after moving more apps Device care reads
SDcard: 7.1gb used, 4.73gb in other. internal now reads 76.7gb used, but still 51.24gb of Apps (I cleared some of the cached data) so it shows in the totals used and in SDcard's "other" files but cant calculate the "Apps" category between the two! 😆
0 Likes
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
I've tried updating (and running) a game that should be on the external SD, works fine (but dl/inst was a bit slow) and now it reads
SDcard: 7.2gb total, 4.8gb in other.
Internal: 76gb total, 51.86 in Apps.
Still not sure what it means, but the increase in "other" is reassuring. 😅
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Google moved android away from apps being installed onto external storage for several good reasons. The fact Samsung are able to still support it in some fashion is a privilege, not a right. Do remember this when things aren't working as you'd like it to.
0 Likes
ShivaBootz
Journeyman
Options
"Even without software support, they're still better than other phones." 😂 I must agree, best features and functions. (´^ω^) it's yet another reason I only ever buy Samsungs 🤭 & I hope they bring back SDcard slots one day... 🙏
0 Likes