Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 10:10 PM)
kurtjacob
First Poster
Options

I have had nothing but issues with Android Auto since I had it around two years ago. I am based in the UK and have a Samsung S10e and a 2016 Vauxhall Astra. The latest issue is that during the last couple of week when I plug my phone into the car using a USB cable my phone restarts about 80% of the time. This is the main issue I would like help with. 

Prior to this issue I have also had issues where around 50% of the time the phone does not recognise it is a car it is plugged into so whilst it charges, the steering wheel icon doesn't appear.

These are things I have done which sometimes temporarily cure the previous connectivity issues (but not the restarting):

• Trying different USB cables (I have three official Samsung ones)
  • Clearing the cache on the Android Auto app
  • Manual restarting of both the phone and the car
  • Double tapping the Bixby button once the steering wheel icon shows but doesn't automatically connect
  • Open a video on a social media app once the steering wheel icon shows but doesn't automatically connect
  • Updated all my apps and phone software

I was wondering if anyone can help with a permanent fix to my connectivity issues or even help with the restarting issues. Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm not familiar with your particular setup, but let's give it a try anyway...

First of all, delete your phone profile from your head unit, then 'forget' your car in the list of Bluetooth devices.

Next, delete AA from your phone. if you cannot delete it, then roll it back to your factory settings.

Now, start your car so that your head unit powers up. Next, connect your device to your car using the USB cable, then activate Bluetooth. After you have done this, get your head unit to search for devices, until it finds your phone. Once your phone and head unit find each other, begin the pairing process. You will be offered a 6-digit number on both the head unit, and the phone. If both numbers are identical, click OK.

Finally, go to that part of your infotainment system that let's you control AA. You should now see whatever your phone has broadcast to the head unit (Google Maps/Samsung Music, etc). On the bottom, right-hand side of your screen, you should see a white circle - click on that, and it should display a menu of available AA apps.
0 Likes