Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely Furious!!! (New Phone Will Be Locked In 72 Hours)

(Topic created on: 03-04-2024 11:51 AM)
gohan2092
Explorer
Options

On 17th January I pre-ordered an S24 Ultra from Samsung directly and traded in my S10 Plus (for £190.00). I had until 20th February deadline for Samsung to receive my old phone and I posted on 14th February via Post Office using the Tracked 48 hours pre-paid return label provided in the Samsung box.

I kept the Post Office receipt for almost 2 months before throwing it last week when I was sorting through old documents. It had been 6 weeks since the deadline, I had received no indication from Samsung that there was a problem so I had not given it a second thought and assumed everything is fine (how stupid of me).

Yesterday afternoon, I received a notification on my S24 Ultra that it will be locked in 72 hours due to an incomplete trade-in issue. I immediately phoned Samsung customer support. The guy gave me a telephone number and email address for MTR (03332 079 424 and help@tradeinresponse.co.uk). I emailed the trade in team with a detailed account of events and this morning at 8:24am they replied saying only "Please provide an image of your postage receipt." I replied back immediately saying they clearly have not read my email because I explained my situation. I mentioned that I will call them at 9am. So 9am on the dot, I called 03332 079 424. I was first in the queue yet despite waiting 30 minutes, no one answered. I redialed, was first in the queue again but no one answered. I then emailed MTR 4 more times in the morning asking them for a contact number or for them to email back and help. It's now been 4 hours and no response from them! I have now contacted Samsung Support and they told me the MTR number of 03332 079 424 is incorrect and it's actually 03332 079 676. The agent tried to call but couldn't get through. I also tried to call and it says you are in a queue in position (and then it goes silent). He suggested that perhaps my phone was sent to the Samsung warehouse and not the Trade-In department so put me through to Sales team who apparently have more power to help. The sales agent there explained there is no number to contact MTR and that I have to use the email address. The thing is they are not responding to my emails! She said she will log an investigation but said I have to be patient and there is no time frame to resolve.

So is this the standard of Samsung Trade-In? I'm 6 weeks over the deadline to return my old phone. I did return it, I kept the receipt for almost 2 months. I had no indication there was a problem and now all of the sudden my new phone is going to be locked in 72 hours? My life is on my phone, I use it for work, I have my travel tickets digitally stored on there too. This is absolutely disgusting! and searching online, I see similar stories from others. How can they treat customers like this? and with no contact number to the correct department? only an email address which they appear to ignore. I am absolutely fuming! I did message @Sam_UK last night but no response so far.

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37
monstatrax
First Poster
Options
Never buy from Ebay (phones)...I'm stuck in limbo now and need to buy the Mrs a new phone.
0 Likes
gohan2092
Explorer
Options

I didn't, I bought direct from Samsung

0 Likes
gohan2092
Explorer
Options

So an hour after last replying here, the notification on my phone vanished. The Trade in email address seems to only be able to write the most bare-bone, vague responses. They said they never received my old phone, they then asked for my IMEI code, once I provided, they said (like in the screenshot above) Samsung will be informed and Royal Mail will be contacted. They also said no further action required from myself. When I asked for an explanation, all they replied was they hadn't received the phone from me and that's it! So what do I do now? The fact that they said Royal Mail will be contacted shows that they must have the tracking number. What do you think? Should I contact Samsung customer support again? The Trade in department are absolutely terrible at providing decent responses. I no longerhave the receipt but I know I sent it using the pre-paid address label for Royal Mail Tracked 48 hours and it was sent to Spire Green Centre, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5TR

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
the circumstances of this message from the team... and the fact the phone block message has disappeared for you... I would wait and see.

Sit it out for a few days and see what happens. They have perhaps disabled the block (for the moment). It might be that you never hear anymore about it. Alternatively you might get an email in a few days / couple of weeks, where they say the investigation is concluded and that there is still outstanding action.

At this point you ask samsung how you can resolve this issue. Can you pay the £190 deficit or find a way to resolve.

My advice is to wait until either samsung contact you once again... or the message to your phone reappears.

Keep everything crossed that they are able to find the phone and resolve for you.

Again... don't do any further right now... would be my advice.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
gohan2092
Explorer
Options

I am really curious because MTR said Royal Mail will be contacted. When I asked for an explanation, none was given. They really are so poor at communicating. They must know the tracking number right? it's Samsungs own pre-paid tracked 48 label. Why would they contact Royal Mail if they don't have the tracking? If the tracking proves I posted it (which I did) then that definitely helps show that it is lost. I was thinking of calling Samsung on Monday for advice but I may just sit and wait. I am fearful that they will just lock my phone immediately without any warning. I do my banking, travel etc with my phone, it's very important.

0 Likes
unhumble
Student
Options
How was the finish of this horrible story? Did Samsung find that phone? What was the result of investigation? Hope you had no problem after last contact from Samsung.
0 Likes
gohan2092
Explorer
Options

I've heard nothing and my phone is still functioning. It's very uneasy feeling knowing that at any time Samsung may decide to disable my phone. MTR told me no further action is required from me and that Royal Mail and Samsung will be contacted. That's the last I heard.

0 Likes
gohan2092
Explorer
Options

Phone still working fine. Had Samsung call me twice whilst I was at work. My phone was on aeroplane mode so got two text messages. The first one said "Sorry we missed you today, Excited to hear how you're getting on with your S24 Ultra. Please call 0333 000 0333". The next day the text read "Sorry we keep missing you. If we can assist in any way with your S24 ultra please call 0333 000 0333". A bit weird those text messages are I find.