Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW90TA046AX/EU keeps changing wash times with no warning or reason

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 12:03 PM)
Members_3Vw9YB3
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung WW90TA046AX from Currys last week and based on the spec and features it seemed fine.  However the Cotton wash which we use regularly and shows up a 1hr 37m as run time when starting, just changes sporadically to over 3hrs 10m after having run for a period. There is no rhyme or reason to it and I cant figure out why it is doing this and if its a fault. Or if its an option how to turn it off as its a very strange "feature" to have. How can anyone manage their day if they dont know if the washing is going to take 1.5hrs or 3hrs+ when its put in. I dont want every full wash to take 3hrs+ just because the washing machine decides to change it.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Its based on the weight of the load, heavier load= longer wash time
0 Likes
Members_3Vw9YB3
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately it can't be due to weight of clothes as the 1hr 37m wash worked fine in a pretty full drum with a few towels. But it changed to over 3 hours with a load of thin shirts, blouses and underwear. Who the hell wants the washing machine to change a 1.5hr wash to a 3.5hr wash unexpectedly after a period of time. That's not a feature, it's the exact opposite! How do you plan your day when you haven't a clue when the washing will finish. The usual story of adding features no one wants with no warning. There is nothing in the manual to suggest it will treble the wash time whenever it feels like it. It's not in the spec on Currys or anywhere else I can see. I pray I can return it as I've only had it a week and it's not for for purpose, or not for for my purpose anyway. 

0 Likes
Members_3Vw9YB3
First Poster
Options

I think I am lucky to get agreement on a return as Samsung werent interested and insisted this "feature" is intended and is what people want. I've had agreement from Currys in the UK to return and refund, but wondered if all the newer models of Washing Machine do this or if there are decent models out there that dont have this fabulous "feature" (sarcastic) if anyone can point me to washing machines which definitely do not change the wash time mid-cycle I would be very grateful. 

0 Likes