Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live view on ring app is not working on Family Hub fridge

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 05:43 PM)
Family Hub1
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Since I have updated my Family Hub software earlier this month, my Ring App is not displaying the live view. It was working fine before that and its very useful to keep an eye out.

Can you please fix this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

We are having a similar, but slightly different, problem on our Samsung Family Hub Fridge in Canada (Model RF22M9581SR), and on our Samsung Family Hub Fridge in Mexico (Model RF27T5501B1), and it's really troublesome! 

Normally, when someone presses the doorbell, it opens the app on our Samsung Family Hub Fridge so you can see the person, and even speak to them, and then you could hang up, or if unanswered, the app would timeout and close itself.

The problem only recently started (since the September 2023 update), and it creates a problem for me... instead of the app on the fridge closing automatically after a period of time, it now stays open and requires me to close the app, which is a huge pain in the *ss for me, for many reasons... it kills battery on doorbell because its constantly streaming video, and it also keeps the screen on the fridge 'awake' when nobody is home.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried signing out of the app on the fridge and signing in again, but it still does the same thing, and I can't seem to delete/reinstall the app on the fridge.

Not sure what to do.

BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

OK, here is another useless update. On October 10th I sent Samsung Support another email, and 10 days later, on October 20th, they replied with this email:

"Thank you for contacting Samsung SmartThings Support. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to please get back to us with the below details so, that we can investigate the issue and assist you further.

1. SmartThings app version
  2. Picture of the family hub screen where it shows the ring app open
  3. Extend account access

Awaiting for your response.

Regards,
Monika Madishetty
Samsung SmartThings Support"

So I replied with the requested information on the same day, and another 10 days later, today, October 30th, I received this reply:

"Thank you for your patience and efforts while we working on this.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

We have sent this to our engineering team for further investigation. At this time there are no additional troubleshooting steps available we can provide you for this issue.

Our engineering team is actively looking into the issue and hopefully, this will resolve in the upcoming updates.

As soon as we have more information a member of our team will reach out with an update.

Please feel free to write back to us for any further queries. We are happy to help !

Regards,
Monika Madishetty
Samsung SmartThings Support."

I've never seen anything this slow.  It is concerning that it took so long to get a reply. At this rate, it seems that a technical issue like this is going to take several months or years to resolve.

😩

0 Likes