Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point of Gaming Hub

(Topic created on: 25-11-2023 01:02 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't know if anyone else has tried the samsung gaming hub

I noticed it automatically came bundled in a previous update where it got my games and put them inside the app so you open the game hub and then you open the game rather than just opening the desired game directly

Prior to this I created an entertainment folder where I put my games and other apps such as music players etc. when the game hub came along I put that in my entertainment folder

The downside I found was all the additional notifications and advertisements etc and of course the extra background activity

I have removed the gaming hub and gone back to having my games organised in my entertainment folder so I don't need to keep opening it to delete messages to stop notifications etc

Am I missing something e.g does it do something beneficial for certain more advanced games etc or is it an unnecessary addition to bundled bloatware that uses extra resources on your phone and pumps out more ads etc for minimal benefit?

I don't want to sound too critical as I'm all for useful apps and Samsung do some good apps e.g good guardians etc but sometimes I do wonder what the benefit is of some apps especially with battery and data usage can have a big impact on a phones performance

4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
It was called game launcher when first came out then Samsung decided to change most of the app names and put all the all games into what is now called the hub. Never used it
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes I think it was game launcher when it appeared on my phone, it was activated by default on my phone so any games went in it. I never saw a tangible benefit whilst using it but found the messages and notifications irritating so I stopped using it. I think it solves a problem for old phones but think it's a waste on newer phones as you can organise your own apps folders and home screens etc
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
It does group the games into itself but also provides additional features.
1 It will boost game performance of games launched through It.
2. It can allow you to connect Discord so your friends can see what game you're playing
And best of all 3 It allows you to play "instant plays." Basically, it let's you play games without the need to download them.
So yes you don't need it of you don't want it to take up a little bit of space but I would recommend keeping it.
Hope this helps. 😊
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you are a gamer download the game plugins as well. Quiet handy , especially if playing games like COD mobile

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.game.gamelab