Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 with g6 monitor on 1440p 120hz and vrr

(Topic created on: 13-10-2023 01:50 PM)
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I'm struggling to play warzone with those settings in the title, why is my graphics at 1440p appear to seem like they are moving when I'm standing still, like metal railings on the road are so pixelated and appear 'wavy' when they should be straight. 

Hopefully video loads to show you why my graphics are making 'wavy lines' in some of the structures etc 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Scopp3
First Poster
Options

hi, I would like to buy this monitor for ps5....I would like to know if with this monitor I can activate the vrr with ps5...I'm reading that some are unable to activate it!!! can you? did you have to upgrade your monitor?

0 Likes
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
Nope all I did was update the monitor firmware with USB stick from Samsung website, very easy to do, can catch it all on YouTube
0 Likes
Lance1020
Apprentice
Options

Hey I can't enable the "vrr" thing on my monitor settings and the fps says 60 can I change either of these? I play on ps5 too

kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
Have you changed the vrr settings on your playstation 5? It's within the display settings part I think? You using the Samsung g6 also?
0 Likes
Lance1020
Apprentice
Options

Yea I changed it on my ps5 to "automatic" and I am using the g6

0 Likes
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
Did you update your firmware on your monitor? I had to use a usb drive and install it off of samsung.com
0 Likes
Lance1020
Apprentice
Options

Oh I can try that, last question I have is when I look at "current video output signal" are these right ?

image.jpg

0 Likes
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
Yeah they are right dude, once you update the firmware through usb that 60hz will change to 120 I think, it definitely will once you start a game
0 Likes
runtime_Err0r
Journeyman
Options

For me it is properly working after updating the monitor firmware. 1440p VRR and 120hz with G6

1000032465.jpg

0 Likes