Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI device link not working.

(Topic created on: 09-01-2023 07:20 PM)
Homie03
First Poster
Options
Is there a problem with the ps5 HDMI link, I have everything enabled on the ps5 and it's connected to my Samsung QE85Q70AATXXU QLED 4K. I previously had it connected to Sony Bravia KD-55AG8 OLED 4K and it wouldn't work in that either, yet my ps4 worked on the latter TV no problem.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Onepunch23
Pioneer
Options
That don't sound right, unless you have a damaged cable? It should work perfectly with that tv. When you say it Don't work what exactly doesn't work?
0 Likes
Homie03
First Poster
Options
The cable works as normal, ie, sound a picture, it's the device link I'm having problems with. Like on the ps5 I have HDMI device link enabled, and the one touch options. So the thing that's not working is when I turn my ps5 on, the tv isn't turning on and going on to the specified source, which my console is set to. Like i say the ps4 used to do this no problem, but since having the ps5 it's worked on neither tv so far.
0 Likes
Simon Steer
First Poster
Options

Try these steps on the PS5:

• Choose “Settings"
  • Select “System”
  • Open “HDMI”
  • Enable “HDMI Device Link”
0 Likes
Simon Steer
First Poster
Options

On my (inferior) Sony TV there's a setting that enables 'Auto TV on - Power on the TV with a connected HDMI device' - perhaps there's an equivalent option on yours?

0 Likes
Homie03
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the advice Simon, I had previously tried all that when first setting it up with the new TV, but to no avail. I can't believe the issue was so simple to fix, I feel rather stupid to be honest ha ha. It turns out my new Samsung TV has its own designated HDMI port for a games console, once I plugged my HDMI into that port, the device link worked no problem, doh ha ha.
0 Likes
blutes1967
First Poster
Options

When you used the "Game" input, does the TV turn off when the PS5 turns off?  The set I have does not have the 120hz game input.  The TV turns on when the PS5 turns on but I would like the PS5 to turn the TV off as well.

0 Likes