Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Z fold4 Broken after UI 6 actualisation

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 07:03 AM)
LuisFranco1
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone! 

My Z fold4 received Android 14 about 4 days ago. Since then, wi-fi went instable, but I thought that was my router. I have restarted it several times, but meanwhile I received One UI 6. Now, I don't have soud since today, but since yesterday I cannot open the fold because the main screen shut-off since it get more than 120° degrees of opening. Wi-fi disappeared completely. Seems like searching for networks but can't find none. 😕 

Anybody knows anything about it?

Y restarted the mobile several times, I have emptied the caché memory, I get the secured mode to look for non functional apps, I have uninstall One UI start actualisation and I put it at original version, but nothing get better. As I can see, today I don't have sounds. Definitely it's getting worse. 

I didn't formatted yet because I have read in some posts at Internet that this simply doesn't fix the problem. 

So, please, If someone knows what's happening 🙏, I'm listening. 

Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LuisFranco1
Journeyman
Options

So..., finally I bought the Z fold5, exactly what I think should be Samsung's intention. 

That's the solution, for now. 

The fold4 was sent to technical service and I hope this should be taken in guarantee. 

They wanted to make us change to fold5 before fold6 go out.

Cheers everybody. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
LuisFranco1
Journeyman
Options

Ok, that's what happened. 

I bought the Zfold 5. This works amazing!!!! 

Here in Switzerland the phone was taken in guarantee and they sent me a new one. Completely new. I have this in a box at home, and I don't know what to do with it. 

And it's over. A very bad and expensive solution, because it's not acceptable that a software broke a phone like this, at this way, till the point to be changed but not fixed, and I had to buy another one because I just can't be without this..... unfortunately. 

That's all folks!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Lord McLavanne
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I had the same issue with my fold 4 since the update of One UI 6.0 so I had to send my phone (still on warranty) to a Samsung repair service to fix the issue so if you still have a warranty, send back you phone to Samsung because it's a hardware failure.

0 Likes
LuisFranco1
Journeyman
Options

Hollo there! Thanks for your answer. Actually it's getting worse, more and more. The phone is dying step by step. Now, I don't listen when anybody calls me. Doesn't ring and I can't hear people talking. 

I can't see what's the link between a problem like these and the hardware. For me it's all about the new UI 6 and Android 14. 

Tomorrow I'll take It to repair and I think I'll buy the Z fold5.

It's such a shame. 

Take care!!

0 Likes
RobbbiGee
Journeyman
Options
Mine has just started losing available WiFi networks in the settings screen - so not connected to my vodafone broadband.

Did you get any feedback from Samsung?
0 Likes
LuisFranco1
Journeyman
Options

No, nothing. Sound of Silence.....

0 Likes
RobbbiGee
Journeyman
Options
My soft reset volume down and power has reset my WiFi networks atm. I'll let you know in a few days if it stays OK.....
LuisFranco1
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. 

Have you reset your software?

0 Likes
RobbbiGee
Journeyman
Options
No just soft reset
0 Likes
RobbbiGee
Journeyman
Options
So wifi available networks has disappeared again after 30mins. No Bluetooth either1708887629766.jpg
0 Likes
generali
Student
Options

This thread pretty much describes my experience also. Following latest phone update last week, WIFI/BLUETOOTH&MOBILE HOTSPOT toggle won't work so I cannot connect to anything. Camera is also temperamental, and any attempt at reboot takes a very, very long time 😞