Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty on galaxy fold 4

(Topic created on: 01-12-2023 11:52 AM)
muhammed1966
Journeyman
Options

Have to say getting. Worried by reading all the comments that are not positive in relation to the warranty status on my flagship phone the Galaxy fold 4. 

I only purchased the phone in March 2023 and the internal screen has failed and the screen protector had started to peel off. 

You would expect for a phone that you pay  £1800 for that Samsung would be looking to support the phone for longer than 12 Months.

I have sent my phone in after trying to book a service slot for the Kings Cross London  service centre and had to give up as I could not find a time slot and then to make things worse I could not even find the Fold 4 on the drop down menu to select my phone model. 

I did feel like a criminal with the questions and statements that were made on the phone call and felt like I was being blamed for the failure of the screen. 

I sincerely hope that Samsung does repair the screen but I have to be honest I cannot see my self staying with Samsung despite the fact that I have been a loyal Samsung customer for at least 17 years with various technologies including TV, laptops and mobile phones. 

As I have said when you pay £1800 for a phone and then experience failures with the screen in less than roughly 8 months it does not bode well for anyone and I would now question Samsung and their quality control. 

The screen is a major component of the phone and with a screen that is supposed to live up to opening and closing many times a day makes you think that all of us have been fooled by Samsung. 

The screen should not fail in this short period of time. 

I am grateful that my phone was picked for repairs but imagine if I did not have a spare phone, no offer was by Samsung to offer me a loan phone. 

I am reluctant to switch to IOS and if I do have any other problems I will have to be honest I will look at Google phones going forward. 

I hope Samsung listens to its customers makes amends. 

12 REPLIES 12
Replacement of phone
First Poster
Options

What procedure you have followed for replacement of FOLD 4 

0 Likes
Burt05
First Poster
Options
DO NLT TOUCH THIS PHONE. WARRANTY COVERS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
0 Likes
justwantphonefixed
First Poster
Options
They void your warranty for cosmetic scratches on the frame , although the phone had a case on purchased the same time and trapped debris on the adhesive tape , screen does not tap in 3,4,5 but does with pen new battery and new screen Quoted £542 , customer services all they say is I can see where you come from but cosmetic damage voids warranty repairs 1715700463536.jpg
0 Likes