Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen protector peeling

(Topic created on: 28-06-2022 03:17 PM)
Stewalker
Pioneer
Options
After already having my screen replaced once due to the screen protector bubbling down the middle and then causing the screen to fail.

The same thing is starting to happen again. It's starting to bubble along the screen fold from top and bottom. 
What are the implications of me removing the screen protector myself before it causes damage to the screen like last time? 

Will this void my warranty or void my care+ I have in place?
I really don't want to be with out the phone for 2 weeks again so am I clear to remove it and then try to reinstall my own protector? 
17 REPLIES 17
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Someone posted a while ago something from Samsung about the screen protector. Was something like because removable its not classed as a modification
Can't remember the exact wording
But I was surprised to learn this as I thought it would be part of the screen setup
Nana247
First Poster
Options

How did the screen crack from the protector peeling? 

0 Likes
Stewalker
Pioneer
Options
I think dust or something got between the screen and the protector and caused it to crack
0 Likes
Stewalker
Pioneer
Options
This20220108_182454_5223_1641666298.jpg
0 Likes
mushygirl
Journeyman
Options
I have had my z3flip for 9 months, I am still paying for it through Vodafone, I came from work and my phone was off, so I thought it was battery so I plugged charger in and it came on and still had 54% battery life in it, so I phoned Vodafone and they said to send for repair as still under warranty, I said I've just took screen protector off as it was split down middle, the agent said I shouldnt remove it, I said I can put it back on as I'd just that minute taken it off, he said no just send in as it is, so I did, now Vodafone are saying that I have to pay for repair because I removed screen protector and it avoids warranty, I must state the screen was perfect even after taking protector off, as I still used phone whilst plugged in until I could charge my old phone up to put sim in, where do I stand with this as I refuse to pay for repair, and where does it state NOT to take screen protector off, I am so stressed over this as I still owe £500 on this phone
Stewalker
Pioneer
Options
Fro. What I know removi g it doesn't void the warranty unless it gets damaged when taking it off. If you issue is nothing to do the screen then fight your case
0 Likes
k8tys
First Poster
Options
DO NOT REMOVE SCREEN PROTECTOR. It voids warranty. I had this same dispute a few months ago with Samsung. You need to contact Samsung to replace the SP free of charge.
LifeShort
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately, as I found out pretty much anything avoids the warranty. I had minor scratches on the back of the phone and Samsung's costumer care even accepted that it did not cause the fault on my screen but they still said my warranty was void and I'd have to pay for a manufacturing fault to be repaired.
0 Likes