Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram Management

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 11:25 PM)
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
I know this is probably a stupid idea but i force stopped as many apps i could turned off wifi Used Good Guardians Memory Cleaner and used Device Care to see how much Ram i could free up to get to 12GB of Ram is there anything else i could do to get to 12GB of ram or as close as possible? Results Below.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Knightshift76 

The phone will use Ram when needed depending on what's going on in the background , what app's are being used, and what your doing with the phone.

As you can see 925mb has been reserved so you can't free that up. That's what the phone is using to operate. 

It'll allocate Ram when and where needed to manage it.

In my opinion unused Ram is wasted Ram as it's sat there doing nothing so I wouldn't worry about trying to free up as much Ram as possible, unless your phone is showing faults in that department.

There's no harm in using Device Care to clean up your phone however.

Closing down app's is subjective as it does clear Ram and resources but then the phone has to use more resources when you launch the app again. The phone will close down what it needs to if resources become stretched or the app has been in a suspended state of not being used for a while.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "