Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting items into a group

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 10:10 AM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

The desktop for my new Galaxy Flip3 has an item named Google which contains items such as Chrome, Maps and Gmail etc. I wondered what'd happen if I dragged one of them to the desktop (i.e. would it get moved or copied). So I dragged Gmail to the desktop and it got moved there - BUT - I can't find a way of putting it back into the group (i.e. I can't find a way of dragging it back into the group). What am I missing?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Normally if you drag the app icon so it is over the folder ( group ) and let it go it goes in to that folder - you don't need the folder to be open
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for that. I think it just takes a bit of practice!

Somehow or other I've ended up with an extra page at the RHS of my desktop which is empty (i.e. no icons on it). Is there a way to delete empty pages?

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Long press on the empty page - will then show a smaller version of your pages - empty one will have a bin symbol at the top - tap that to delete it. If you scroll through the minimised pages you can add a new page or reset which page you want as the home page
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Should also have mentioned when you have the pages minimised as below, then you can also drag and drop pages if you want to change the page order
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks papashaun. I've tried tapping the bin symbol but all it does is to return me to the empty page (without deleting anything...)

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Ah OK- sorry I kinda missed a wee step - once you tap the bin you should then see a " minimised " empty page with a " + " in the middle of it ( don't tap that page ) scroll to a page with stuff on it and tap that page and should take you to full screen pages with hopefully the blank one deleted

Also to set / reset the home screen - scroll the minimised pages to the one you want as home screen then tap on it
0 Likes
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks again. I'm starting to wonder if something's wrong with this phone. Whenever I tap something it's as if I've tapped slightly to the right of where I think I'm tapping. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days.

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - I actually find that as well at times but I think it is me rather than the phone - my finger tips are sort of a little bit broad and rounded so I sometimes hit the screen a little bit to the right of where I think I am tapping 😀😀😀
0 Likes