Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Countdown Timers Do not Go Off Accurately

(Topic created on: 18-03-2024 07:41 PM)
KaiKeiKei
Student
Options

Not sure if this is battery related, but when setting long countdown timers (e.g. 4h, 8h, etc.), sometimes they will go off later than the set time. For example, a 4h timer set at 10am will initially display as ending at 2pm. However, if the timer is checked at 11:30am, the timer will display as ending at 2:30pm and will actually end at that time. This is just an example. The timer does not freeze, but continues to count down normally.

This issue does not happen every time, but it happens often enough that I cannot put up with it anymore. If anyone has a solution to this problem I will be eternally grateful.

4 REPLIES 4
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I have never heard of this particular problem before @KaiKeiKei. Has your device had this problem for a long time or has it only started recently?. I would start on this problem by clearing the cache on your clock app. This may stop it acting up and eradicate this bizarre problem for you. Failing this, I would go into your Galaxy Store and uninstall your clock app ( yes you can do this) before installing it anew. This should rectify everything hopefully.
0 Likes
KaiKeiKei
Student
Options

I'll give both a try. It's been a problem since last year, ever since I started setting long timers, which would be June 2023. I'll let you know if these solutions work.

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Good luck to you.
0 Likes
KaiKeiKei
Student
Options

Clearing the cache fixed the problem for a day, but it started up again. I just had a timer extend its end time by 1h. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the timer and see what happens.