Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock screen rotation

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 08:54 PM)
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
OK so call me stupid but I can't for the life of .e get my lock screen or notifications 9n lock screen to rotate 
I've bought a holder for the car which keeps the phone in portrait but obviously when phone locks it won't rotate and is sideways which is very annoying and hardwork. 
I have everything on I believe for portrait mode but the lockscreen won't do it. Try yours lock phone and see if you can get your lockscreen to rotate pls :smiling-face:
Thanks for reading 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can swipe down from the top to bring down the quick setting toggles.
If you tap and hold the screen rotation toggle. It will give you the option to rotate the lock screen.
How ever it seems you can't do the same for the always on display

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can swipe down from the top to bring down the quick setting toggles.
If you tap and hold the screen rotation toggle. It will give you the option to rotate the lock screen.
How ever it seems you can't do the same for the always on display
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
You sir are a star 🌟 thanks I couldn't work it out
Shymoon
First Poster
Options

I found this too, eventually,  but I can't get it to stick... when I first enable that setting it rotates but then it just stops working fairly quickly. 

I even uninstalled the Good Lock lockscreen module, which seemed to make it rotate again... but no, it still loses the ability to rotate the lockscreen,  despite this rotate lockscreen toggle being switched on. 

MomoKawa
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same boat. I've been going nuts trying to research this problem, but I'm getting nothing. 

My car charger/ mount keeps my phone in Landscape, but my Outer Displays lock screen is forced into Portrait mode 97% of the time. At random I'll get lucky and it'll suddenly work in Landscape no issues, but then it goes away. I wish someone knew a fix.

0 Likes