Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I open an app from a notification?

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 04:10 PM)
misternemo
Student
Options

I'm recently back on Android from a long stint in iOS. And I'm slowly finding my way around things again. But one thing I'm finding confusing.....how do you open an app from a lock screen notification? I wake up my phone and I see the notifications. The phone is unlocked by smart lock. But pressing on the notification doesn't do anything. I have to swipe up to get to my home screen, then swipe down to see the notifications again, and then pressing on the notification there will open the app. It strikes me as very cumbersome compared to iOS. Am I missing something?

4 REPLIES 4
Chooii
Pathfinder
Options
I have smart unlock on my phone for when I'm at home. I find that double tapping the notification from the unlock screen unlocks and loads the app.
0 Likes
misternemo
Student
Options

Double tapping the notification doesn't do anything for me. The lock icon at the top of the screen is unlocked, the notifications are listed, but tapping them any number of times doesn't do anything at all.

Ilk
Apprentice
Options
Double tap.
0 Likes
CoachPurdy
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem, everything I read says "just double tap" and trust me, double tapping isn't working. 

0 Likes