bgf50
First Poster
Options

After Update fold4 to 5.1.1 in Nov

on opening the 2nd screen the phone freezes ans reboots

once its up microphone/wifi/bluetooth nothing works

the phone is a 2000$ paper weight

went to a samusung repair center they are asking fir 550$ to fix it

when they confirmed there is no drop or scratch on the hinge or anywhere on phone

they are saying you are just unlucky that you got into issue

how do we resolve it ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
You haven't said when you obtained it cos if it's out of warranty you'll have to pay for it to be repaired.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sadly I had the same issue with my ZFold3, the only fix was a soft reset everytime, drove me nuts, sent it to Samsung to repair said no fault found, got it back turned it on at first ok, then same again, i traded it in for a ZFOLD4.

Funnily the trade in team said faulty, I sent them the TMT repair sheet and said all clear, in the end Samsung stepped in and they accepted me trade in.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@bgf50 With you mentioning  $ take it you are resident in USA.  There is only a 1 year standard warranty for the Device in the U.S.  and if do not have cover would need to  pay for the repair https://www.samsung.com/us/support/legal/mobile/#standard-limited-warranty 

you may wish to post in the US community here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Community/ct-p/us?page=1&tab=recent_topics 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

bgf50
First Poster
Options

The phone was fine until the update of 5.1.1 , after the update there are a lot of users reporting it

for no fault of customer why should we pay 😕

0 Likes
BombaB
First Poster
Options
Having similar issues since some update only had phone 5 months had z fold 3 also went down wtf samsung?
0 Likes