Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4, UI 5.1 battery drain

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 08:27 PM)
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options

Since updatingnto UI 5.1 noticing the battery drains very quickly.

Not running any different apps, use App Killer to close background tasks. 

I don't use Samsung Keyboard, even though installed, I use MS SwiftKey 

I hear other users are having the same.... 

Anyone else here have this problem. 

EDIT.

For clarity, my battery usually lasts comfortably a day under normal circumstances.  When home, I often play Warpath for a few hours on and off in the evening.... Again, battery usually lasts until bed time.  

Post 5.1, I need to recharge battery about twice in an evening (not to the 85% limit I set, but close).

I have now completely reset the Samsung Keyboard and deleted everything.  Restarted phone, when restarting I saw a new splash screen saying "5.1 optimising apps".  

Last night seemed better.
17 REPLIES 17
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
How many apps have been updated since ui5.1 was installed ??
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Just heard stories of the update causing battery drain, some reports say the cause could be the Samsung keyboard but it's never been confirmed of that yet is the cause.
0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
Difficult to answer, part of the install process is refreshing apps... But, since install maybe 10 to 15... Its an automated process
0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
Exactly, that's why I mentioned I don't use the Samsung keyboard... But will reset it anyway.... Just in case.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I'd check the device care .. battery use and try and identify what the battery drain could be caused by. As most will blame ui5.1 but it could be part of the drain but it could also be something else.
0 Likes
Kayode
First Poster
Options
How do i install one UI 5.1 Fold4
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Kayode 

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Beershark
Pathfinder
Options
Have done, nothing unusual in there....
0 Likes
macuis
Apprentice
Options

The same for me and my Z Flip 4.  Also using the Protect Battery  function and would get throughout the day on 1 full charge (~5%/hr) prior to the OneUI 5.1 update.  

After the OneUI 5.1 update I'm using ~7.5%/hr, so I've resorted to turning off Protect Battery, and having to do a recharge around the 12 hr mark of my day.

I use GBoard and there isn't any indication that Samsung Keyboard is using battery, but there is a noticeable difference in the slopes of the battery graphs before and after OneUI 5.1.  

Hopefully this is rectified in the March update, but for now I'll just continue with some mid-day recharging.

0 Likes