SophT
First Poster
Options
Can't add contacts to read only accounts
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SophT hello,? is it likely that you are trying to add a contact, linked to another account on your phone: Whatsapp, Telegram...?Please, try the following: Go to Settings/Advanced features/Dual Messenger and activate the option Use separate contacts list.  Restart the phone and check again.Update the phone to the latest version!

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Try and clear data&cache of your contact app and see if it works after.

If it still not working try putting your phone into safe mode:

You can access "SAFE" MODE

1. hold down the lock button until you see "POWER OFF." once you do that, continue holding for a second & it'll give you the option to "Tap To Restart Your Phone in SAFE MODE"

Tap that & your phone will restart in SAFE MODE. In order to know 100% whether its in that mode or regular, just look in bottom left corner of screen & it'll say it. Once loaded back up, SAFE MODE only allows the apps the phone came with to actually work. No user installed apps, widgets etc will work whatsoever. Once you're here attempt to add contacts as normal. Once you do one successfully, take it out of SAFE MODE & you should be fine from there.

To take it out of SAFE MODE, simply hold down the power button then tap RESTART. Once your phone loads back up it should be working perfectly again.

" If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0 "
0 Likes
LeratoTlali
First Poster
Options

I can't add  contacts on my z flip phone.its been 7 months without using it.

0 Likes