Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi turning off by itself

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 02:39 PM)
cinnamon009
Student
Options

Hi, I have an issue with my S9+ where the wifi keeps turning itself off. If I don't notice then I don't remember to turn it back on and I have used all my data this month now due to this problem. I have checked all my settings and nothing jumps out as being incorrect. The setting which turned it off whilst asleep is no longer there. I have it set to turn on automatically for frequently used wifi so it should connect anyway but it isn't. Any clues? 

40 REPLIES 40
Federico1074
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem on an S9. It started to happen just after the recent system update of 2 November 2020. With this update I also got other problems. All of them cannot be solved with the suggested fixes I found here. It must be solved with a new update. I hope Samsung will release soon a new update, otherwise it's really difficult to use the phone...

0 Likes
Spade550
First Poster
Options

Have they come up with a solution.  I just noticed it like 3 months ago. My wifi connects and disconnects every couple of minutes

0 Likes
Penster
Student
Options

I also have this problem with my Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro.

0 Likes
Leishirsute
First Poster
Options

My Samsung j347 phone also started having this problem after the latest update. 

carrier is att

0 Likes
1reesrichards
First Poster
Options

Same thing here on my S20 FE. Probably one of the most annoying things I have ever dealt with on a cell phone. If they don't fix this by next month I'm just going to go iPhone. Tired of all these companies (Microsoft, Samsung, Google, etc.) releasing ***** updates and then just ignoring the problem. 

0 Likes
Devon Greatwolf
First Poster
Options

I recently started experiencing the same issue of my wifi turning off on my Galaxy A52 5G.

0 Likes
1reesrichards
First Poster
Options

I will say they solved my problem, however I did notice that it seemed to only be happening while I was at work on a WiFi 6 network. I did have a couple updates after I started experiencing the problem, so it's possible it's just a wait it out thing. It Took about a month for my issue to resolve. 

0 Likes
Devon Greatwolf
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, my issue occurs regardless of what Wi-Fi I have most recently been paired with or am currently using.  I have tried every "fix" I have come across.  At this point I have just opted to leave my mobile data turned off as I am almost always near available Wi-Fi.  The few times I am not i can just bump on the mobile data...

0 Likes
Alin4
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my A52. Battery saving mode is off and my phone's software is up to date. I burned through my data so rapidly this month because my wifi kept randomly turning off on multiple occasions without me realizing.

0 Likes
Devon Greatwolf
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately my issues is still ongoing and I am still forced to keep my mobile data turned off as to keep from burning through my allotted usage before the speed restrictions kick in on 5G usage.

0 Likes