Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Text message preview gone in Pie!?!?

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 04:05 AM)
nelli129
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So before I agreed to update I read what it offered and it specifically stated message preview, so I didn't think it would affect this.

Noooo!!! 

I can no longer see text messages until I click into the actual app?!?! This is ridiculous! Why can't I preview it when it comes over, or when I click the wake up button and pull down the top bar? 

5 REPLIES 5
RochelleNZ
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm glad you asked this.....   Mine's gone too 😞  So annoying... 

LindseyLemmel
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This happened to me once I updated too, but you can change it!

Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > View Style > Detailed or Brief, whichever you prefer.

Zeno4444
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I tried that still can't see my messages...preview messages are on..view has two options..detailed or icon. Annnnddd nothing anybody please because this is very frustrating..all my permisions are good to go but for some reason i still physically have to go in the app

0 Likes
Ngfd
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Was there any fix for this? It's happened to mine too. Ii switched back to Google messaging app and it works fine, so it's definitely something to do with the Samsung app which I prefer to use

0 Likes
Bleebsthedweebs
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@nelli129 wrote:

So before I agreed to update I read what it offered and it specifically stated message preview, so I didn't think it would affect this.

Noooo!!! 

I can no longer see text messages until I click into the actual app?!?! This is ridiculous! Why can't I preview it when it comes over, or when I click the wake up button and pull down the top bar? 

If anyone has a fix for this please let me know. I cant understand what on earth is wrong. But I did notice it says a category has been deleted in the settings. Not sure if that's the culprit or how to fix it. See photo.

Screenshot_20220829-230128_Settings.png

0 Likes