Did you mean: 

Original topic:

SD CARD ERROR ON S9+

(Topic created on: 13/04/18 00:32)
Gav4b
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Is any one else having SD card error on the S9 or S9+ I have a 128gb sandisk and 128gb Samsung and both I have the same issue it starts happening when I used the camera I get a message saying it detected an SD card and is now using it for storage or something along they lines now I have a rewrite issue it goes away if I restart my phone but it cames back again sometime laterScreenshot_20180317-072318_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20180316-110714_Camera.jpg

400 REPLIES 400
WilCruz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@WA7SON

I use a wire charger. The one that came with it. Now that I have been following this thread, I saw the error pop up on my phone about 20 times today. Nothing was affected, everything still worked. I think my phone felt left out.

I'm going to try what the guy above my post, Alex, posted. For S.... & Giggles

WA7S0N
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Wilcruz

Hey, that solution worked for me.... I didn't get the SD card error the entire time my phone was off lol.

WilCruz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@WA7S0N

LMAO! 

So that didn't work for you? 

I haven't tried it yet. I was putting spacers on the front of my truck around 6 and listing to iHeart Radio and just finished and no errors. During the day I noticed I had ES File explorer running in the background (I was watching a movie I downloaded to the SD card  and never closed the app and that's when I had ally errors today. I'm still thinking the issue lies with the phone side and how it reads the card. I'm curious if you have app moved to the card and those apps are used or if one is running in the  background, like they like to do when you haven't even opened one, if the device errors out like crazy. 

And yes it took me 6 hours on  the spacers. 5.5 hours on the first one to learn WTH I was doing. 30 minutes on the second. 

0 Likes
Romani
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

After much debate in my own head, I ended up swapping out my unit for the 256Gb version instead, still the Exynos S9+. I once again have a touchscreen that correctly responds to all my touch commands, not something I could say for my last device, which I am now 100% convinced was faulty in that regard.

I have not replicated the SD card issue thus far on the new device, but then again, I have decided I am not going out of my way to try and reproduce it initially. Previously, once I knew how to do it, post clearing the camera data and cache, it would take make anywhere between 200-500 photos or videos taken in quick succession for me to reproduce the initial fault, after which, it would happen every few photos or videos or every few times I restart the camera app. To clarify, I have not had a single sd card type of failure outside the camera app. I can always access the sd card and all its contents without fail. If my initial approach doesn't work, over the weekend, I will try my old method and report back. I have decided even if I do replicate this fault, I am not sending the unit back as I am guessing the quick succession is borderline the same as taking burst shots, which do end up landing on the internal storage BY DESIGN. 

0 Likes
MAG99
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

What is the point of writing prank posts? We have all powered off our phone and it does not solve the issue

0 Likes
RobNelson
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
This seems to work for me as well.
0 Likes
RogueWolf33
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Rob,

What exactly has worked for you?

RobNelson
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi RogueWolf,

Sorry, I thought I was replying directly to another user's post. Droid7 posted this and so far it has worked for me:

Apprentice

I did a "wipe cache partition" by turning off the phone pressing the up "volume button"+ "bixby button" +"power button" simultaneously while device is switched off until the device powers on and select "wipe cache partition" it will not harm your memory or saved data use the "volume up and down keys" to move up and move down on the options menu and "power button" to select that option I did it and no sd card error so far so I hope this is the solution thanks "gav4b" for your help if it doesn't show up on my phone anymore but so far so good fingers crossed🤞🏿.

0 Likes
RobNelson
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
And this was for my new S10.
0 Likes
AlwaysBetter
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So... you mean you did like below path? and that issue was gone?

setting - Device maintenance - storage - clear now

0 Likes
Droid7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
No thats not the one i'm talkimg about check my earlier posts none of the solutions seem to work so far though ***** samsung grrr
0 Likes
Gav4b
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Wipe cache partitionTurn off the device.Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.Press Power key to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device.
Droid7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I did the wipe partition already the sd card error never came up for one full day and then it started reappearing again.

0 Likes
Ms_Tony
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So what advice would you have for me Gav4b. My sd card problem is a little different After a month or 2 had pictures that didnt show up just a circle with exclamation point , no pic just grey ... a restart usually made it so next picture would show but not previous.. then suddenly it says no card ... and hasnt registered it since and all info I put on it pictures files unaccessable... I dont want to put new one in just to have same happen so thought I's ask and hope maybe ya could give me some advice 

derobr_75
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
@Ms_Tony... this is what I'm getting, had it since day one, although my s9 is recognising my SD card. Not had any error messages though...? Any pics/videos taken with camera saved on SD card, all are greyed out, save to internal, all ok..
Seckwielen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Having the same issues.   64g SD card that I have been using for months with no issues in my old s5.  Upgraded the the s9 two days ago and now this message pops up every day.  

texas952
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just got my phone yesterday so am not familiar with everything yet.   How do you clear the system cache?   I'm having the same problem on my phone.   I transferred the SD card from my S9 to this one when I purchased it.  Thanks.

Marietta16
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Too many people are having the same problem. It's definitely not the sd card in my case as it works fine on my previous galaxy S7. 

0 Likes
Marietta16
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Don't think it is the sd card. Mine works fine on my previous galaxy.
0 Likes
MAG99
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I can use camera if I ignore pwrsistent error messages but occasionally it stops storing pictures and so you find that shots you took are no longer there which is super annoying and frankly not good enough. Does Samsung actually address these issues or are we talking to ourselves?
0 Likes
WilCruz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm also getting the same error periodically. Didn't see it at all yesterday but saw it again this AM. Just bought the phone Saturday from Best Buy (Sprint) .upgraded from. S7 TO S9+. Rep did the card swap and I do not know if he powered off the old device before removing and then inserted the card into the new phone while the power was off. Mine is a 128GB SD. My son has a 64GB (u. Known at this moment if his is also experiencing same issue at time of this post.

I have not had issues taking pictures, moving files, or accessing files on the SD card. I checked as soon as I received the error. Pictures still saved to the SD card. 

At this point its more of an annoying message than anything else. 

I have a pretty extensive IT background so I'll run through some things and repost if I figure anything out . 

Just from reading everyone's posts, and from my 20+ years of experience,, it points to an issue with the device and not the card. 

Has this error ever popped up on anyone's phone while actively using it or does it pop up after the phone has come out of locked or sleep mode? Mine only pops up after I have waken the phone up. And may repeat itself quickly after I clear it but goes away after clearing it again, sometimes it takes a couple of clears.