Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Screen Dead zone

(Topic created on: 22-07-2018 07:41 PM)
steptoe
First Poster
Options

I have a "dead zone" in a very specific location on the screen which wasn't there when I bought the phone and was working perfectly for 6 weeks. I didn't use the phone for the first week until I had a good case and glass screen protector as the first gel screen protector I tried was useless.

I've had an S7 Edge for 18 months that has a screen protector on since day one and good quality case so that S7 Edge in perfect condition underneath the protective case/screen protector and has now had a factory reset and firmware reinstall and handed over to my wife as she dropped her S7 and smashed the screen (no screen protector or case) and again is still working perfectly and now running Android 7, so its NOT an issue with the S9 PLUS screen protector but an apparent hardware fault with the digitizer.

I have already tried one full factory reset on the S9 PLUS as that had been suggested to fix the fault, but not for me.

I've tried increasing the screen sensitivity, which helped slightly, but is far from an ideal situation for a device that is about 2 months old.

I've messaged Samsung who just stated as I'm not in the US to contact my regional area for support, and claim they are not aware of any issues, even though a couple of tech websites DO state Samsung are aware of "a small number of customers" having issues and to ontact Samsung directly. This ONLY applies if you are in the US as its a US phone number to contact. No good if you are based in UK and the response I got was again to contact my regional area my help.

Just type in "s9 dead zone" in any search engine and watch the web sites appear with users complaining about dead zones and tech web sites suggesting there IS an issue with screen dead zones on the S9 and S9 Plus, but these are random and not in the same place, if at all, with some users saying its titally dead straight out of the box.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I appreciate what your saying about your previous experience with the screen protector. 

However as a process of elimination does the issue remain if you remove it ?

You can visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre will be able to test the phone for you. 

If the phone was supplied as part of a mobile phone contract then the network has a duty of care to help you too. 

Some have a 30 day cooling off period etc to have phones swapped out. 

In the UK we have the Consumer Rights Act 2015 to support you. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Liburni
First Poster
Options

Dear

I have same issue.

After 2 weeks of use , unpacked from closed box galaxy s9 plus, started to have dead zone.

I contaced samsung the are now cover this issue , becasu the phone is Uae market and i bout in europe.

The warrantly is local as i found.

Did you find any solution ??

0 Likes
TUSH700
First Poster
Options

HARD RESET

0 Likes
TUSH700
First Poster
Options

tried it didn't work on BLU G5.got to last page and it did not work because i still had the dead zone.so i am on my computer attempting to solve this.OCD is driving me.PLEASE HELP ME !JUST KIDDING BUT STILL JEEZ. MINE IS A HALF INCH IN THE MIDDLE!.I can't do my restore.To see if it worked!. Very frustrated.this happens to everyone.by the way i do not like Samsung but i am here for everyone.Even you guys.HA HA.anyway I'm stuck.so i think i am going to eat a pound of bacon and think on it.

0 Likes
TUSH700
First Poster
Options

I will check with BLU after all this it was their idea!to hard reset.That will fix it.It did not fix it except I haven't got to the restore page because i am stuck on the last page of setup.Guess where in the middle of the dead zone!A whole half inch in the middle!

0 Likes