Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Editor crashes in latest Android 10 firmware

(Topic created on: 20-02-2020 06:53 PM)
Kvens
Apprentice
Options

After upgrading my S9+ to Android 10 I can't get Photo Editor to work. I have cleared all data and cache, and relaunched it through Gallery app.

But every time I try to edit a photo or make a collage, the photo editor never start up, but simply closes down immediately with a black screen.

Anybody else having this issue? 

Gallery app: 11.0.00.34

Photo editor: 2.7.11.16

15 REPLIES 15
Taurus7King
First Poster
Options
Hello to all..! Funny but while i'm not a samsung user, i'm facing the exact same problem on my Huawei Mate 10 Pro. I just got update of android 10 almost 6 days ago, everything was great but most of apps had the same problem, third-party photo editors, lets name PicsArt for example, and/or Gifshop had crashing problem when i wanted to do editing. I never had this problem with previous android nor with any other Smartphone brands, then i checked it with my Xiaomi K20 with android 10, BINGO, The same problem occured.! With all of greatness of android 10, it has some super annoying bugs that make apps crash no matter what VERSION you install. We should wait for android patch updates or the app developers to release patch for their apps. THANKS FOR READING
0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

Happening to me with the latest photo editor update, I can fix it by uninstalling updates back to the factory version but that's not a great solution 

0 Likes
Bert85
First Poster
Options

I have had the exact same issue on my Note 10+.  This was several updates ago, every new update I check to see if it was fixed and it is still crashing.  Has been going on for the better part of this last year now.  Pretty disappointing.  How does one even bring up this problem for them to address?

0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options
I don't remember the exact fix now but it was either an update to the gallery app that finally did it, or I bit the bullet and factory reset, I've since sold that phone though
0 Likes
Mike_V2
Student
Options
Well here I am some 7 months later - same phone, same Android version but am now on Gallery version 10.2.01.5 and the Photo Editor now works! I guess if you wait long enough, it fixes itself in the end..
0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

Yes that rings a bell, in the end the issue was the Gallery version rather than the editor, which obviously created a lot of confusion.

Pleased you finally got it sorted, it's an invaluable app only matched by "Snapseed" if you have not tried that yet

Happy Holidays!

0 Likes