Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Lock screen notifications

(Topic created on: 02/03/18 09:23)
TheJWills
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, I just Pré ordered my S9 and I’m swapping from iPhone. I’ve seen loads of posts about people not getting lock screen notifications and all the fixes seem to involve the always on display setting being on. Is there a way you can get notifications on your lock screen without it and have the screen to wake for a short time like it does on iOS or do you have to use the aod feauture 

0 Likes
Go to solution
31 REPLIES 31
guidadall
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I've a galaxy S7 with Oreo and my phone doesn't have the option to show non native apps notifications. Only works with Glimpse Notification app

0 Likes
PaulaGuzman13
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! This worked on my a6+.

It's a short pop up but at least I can see the notification when the phone is locked. ♡

0 Likes
nspencer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

After trying a million different suggestions, I have finally found a solution that works with Always On Display off.  Go to: Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications (ensure turned on). Then press on Notifications to open more options. Select view style (brief, detailed or icon only) and ensure hide content is off. I am now able to see my notifications while my screen is locked.

0 Likes
guidadall
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi nspencer

I tried your solution, but not works for me. I've Always On Display off too.  What 's you phone and Android version? Notifications of all apps are being shown or only those of the system's native app? 

0 Likes
nspencer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi guidadall, 

I have an S9 and am running Android pie (version 9). I'm getting notifications for non-native apps. I took a quick peak at my settings to see if there is something else that needs to be turned on/off but nothing is springing out at me. 

0 Likes
guidadall
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I've a Galaxy S7 with Android Oreo. I believe that not exists a big difference between both versions, but in my case the Whatsapp notification for example is not working.

Screenshot_20190326-130423_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190326-130442_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-130502_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-131522_Settings.jpg

In first image you can see the Notifications option on.

In second and third images the options for notifications, defined like you do.

The option "Exibir notificações de" in third picture shows a list with all apps (last picture) where WhatsApp for example has all options on.

But when a message comes from WhatsApp with screen blocked the screen not turns on, only a message sound is listened.

0 Likes
Asker8895
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, 

How can you actually hide content for all apps besides calendar? I could not find out how you can specifically choose which apps to be hidden and which ones to be visible. 

0 Likes
Thitan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Here the solution your looking for. 

Settings> lock screen>notification>hide content set to off > Icon set to detailed. 

Click the link for full video tutorial below. 

https://youtu.be/68_KmQpsw60

0 Likes
Rubab
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey

My mobile was switched off. Now its on and locked . Phone is Samsung A70. Kindly do a favour for me and give me a solution.

0 Likes
BPK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

On the Apple, the notifications display for a period of time and are easy to read. On the S9/android they pop up for about 1-2 seconds and the screen locks again almost as if the phone thinks the battery is going to run out of charge. There is no setting for duration of the popups so therefore it is pretty much useless without having to unlock you phone. The Apple also will display the last few notifications simply by picking it up. One of the many anoying features of the overpriced S9

0 Likes