Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is there a way to stop the newest software update?

(Topic created on: 18-03-2019 03:22 AM)
Freedom_ski
Apprentice
Options

I've seen how awful it is and I've been able to put it off, but my phone just said it'll update next time my phone is off or in about a week at 2am or something. Or if there isn't a way to stop it would doing a factory reset once it updates help? But I don't really want to go through and set my phone back up the way I currently have it. Any help? Thanks!

67 REPLIES 67
bigcwood79
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for this. Simple instructions and this is preventing system updates and irritating notification. Package Disabler app worked perfectly and was definitely worth the $3. I used this on my A50 as the new update (Android 10) was causing my device to disconnect and not reconnect to the network for data usage (save for a full reboot).

BaTTaN
First Poster
Options

You are wrong sir! It mosty certianly does not work at least for my Verizon Samsung Note 10+ sm-n976v as I disabled everything but com.wssyncmldm as it did not exist on my fresh insurance replacment three days ago and woke up to the System Update now or later nag screen this morning. I have since spoke with not only version tech support but samsung and samsung informed me that they push OTA updates regardless of device settings at least for this model.

bigcwood79
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20200607-083011_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200607-082946_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200607-083032_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

I see you're having a rough time. Sorry. I'm not wrong, sir/ma'am, (at least for my device) regardless what tech support says. I've included the above screenshots to verify I'm still on Android 9 and One UI 1.1 and what was disabled in package disabler pro. Sounds like something didn't get disabled properly on your device. Hope this helps.

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Why did it cost 3$? I provided a link earlier on in the post with a free way to the app. package disabler download working on my s9 SM-G960U still on android 9 http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=98312592863715617598

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Your Samsung note 10 has another name for it's software update apk. com.wssyncmldm is for Samsung s9 and a few other devices. Try doing a search in package disabler for update and look for any other app that includes software/system update. (Also another user posted about the note 10 that disabling TA downloader helped, so search for that also)

The Samsung s9 get pushed OTA updates also. The update gets pushed to Samsung update app then gets installed on your phone. But blocking there software app disables the update from reaching your phone.

Screenshot_20200607-102039_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

0 Likes
bigcwood79
Journeyman
Options

I got it from the Play Store for $3. Appreciate the free link too. Overlooked that. Oops. IMO it's worth the $3 regardless. Thanks for pointing that out.

Smita
First Poster
Options

Hi will this stop the software update notification on notification bar completely forever?

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Yes it will tested on my Samsung s9

0 Likes
Dr23
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately there is no solution to this unless you root your phone which is why I went back to Iphone. Going into developer settings and turning off automatic updates will only do just that. When you get a notification that there is a new update you cant only delay it about 9 times before it will forcibly update your device. I think they do this so that you will have no choice but to get a new phone every few years because we all know that especially with android they degrade in performance very fast. Those new updates on a phone over a year old do start to slow it down. I hate that. I pay over $1000 for a phone and still not mine. Total bull%**+.

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Actually there is an app that works perfectly for samsung without root. Use package disabler pro for Samsung. Im currently using version 15.2 and it works on my s9 to stay on 9.0. Just download package disabler pro (Samsung) and disable the following packages and the forced updates & notifications will instantly disappear forever. 

Package disabler free: (http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=98312592863715617598)

Package disabler Google play 3$: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kinder.pksafety)

For Samsung s9: disable these packages 

Software Update
com.sec.android.soagent

Software update
com.wssyncmldm"

If you have root access and want to disable the apps

SOAgent.apk

FotaAgent.apk

Note 10 (unverified by me, thanks to others for contributing information about your note 10)
When installed search applications for System update, disable the application. Next search for TA downloader and disable that as well. 

System update
com.samsung.sdm

TADownloader com.samsung.android.tadownloader

System Updates UI com.samung.sdmviewer

And as always be very careful what you disable! and backup your data before changing any major system settings. ( if you disable the wrong program/package your phone could be stuck in a boot loop and need to be factory reset)S9- I selected the 2 apps that control software updatesS9- I selected the 2 apps that control software updates

Samsung s9 on Android version 9Samsung s9 on Android version 9