Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is it possible to change the background of messages?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2018 07:33 PM)
CFCluvver32
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So I got my S9+ this morning (upgrading from an S8) and I noticed the option to change the background of messages is gone. Has this feature been removed or is it still available under another menu? It's a shame that I can't find it because I really liked that feature from the S8. 

Thanks in advance for any help given.

175 REPLIES 175
Supertek
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The best FREE APP is the Verizon Messages.  Go to Google Play to get it. No ads, customize your background, bubbles, recipients, everything.  Even add your custom pictures, background, etc.  THE BEST TEXT MESSAGES ON THE PLANET.

0 Likes
RobinW
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I totally agree about Verizon Messages.  However, I do not have Verizon any more, I went with Xfinity.  It was so dissappointing not to be able to use the Verizon App.  I tried but it kept freezing.  I think we non-Verizon folks will have to wait for the Samsung App to catch up.  Soon I hope.  I'm having issues with it as well, but at least it doesn't freeze.

0 Likes
Supertek
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Verizon Messages is a free app and it works on any Droid phone.

galaxytwoonward
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi I have seen you resonse and was wondering if there is any further news on this functionality being available.

Kind regards

Phil 

0 Likes
RobinW
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Not on mine Supertek. Truly I did NOT want to mess with my message app but I had no choice. I just assumed it had something to do with my changing providers.
0 Likes
RobinW
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Hi galaxytwoonward - No, I have seen no changes. Works nicely, just none of the little things to allow your own touches.
0 Likes
CBC727
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Sorry! Not until Samsung does something to help us out.

0 Likes
SouthernBelle85
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

that is not the same thing.Themes makes us use their options where as we can set our own.

SO....have you found an answer for this or what??

0 Likes
Dpend
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The Samsung 9 my thoughts are the Samsung 8 is better I've had 2 phones in the last week my 1st S9 the software crashed my 2nd S9. I too looked for change of  message background   its not an option . My themes says , it cant apply   due to content  error. My google  account  says my phone can not be reached  due to server errors. I HATE THIS THING called S9. . My sounds were all on and  i got No sound at all.   You could see the call coming in but no sound.not a good way to start off ..  Sincerely unsatisfied S9 owner

0 Likes
Dpend
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Samsung 9 unsatisfied owner I've had 2  S9s  in 4 days my 1st  server crashed my 2nd nothing but problems there is no option for message background.  Give it back to us Samsung team