Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 20/02/19 15:34)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Zaylow
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I followed this video. Do it from a windows 

computer, not Mac..  Here's the link. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qEM5j34QI

TamTam85
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@S9sucksnow wrote:
Okay so this is for everyone who's upset about the new update for their Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. I just called Samsung customer service and they offered to reflash the phone with the previous update for free at an authorized Samsung dealer. I have not had this done yet but they said that this would revert the phone back to its prior settings and configuration. It is important that anyone who is dissatisfied with the new update call Samsung as they are working on trying to fix the problem and they need the feedback so that way we can get our phones working the way they need to be. I hope this helps

At least your S9 can update... 😕 

0 Likes
BigDaddy1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Just so you are aware. I have contacted Samsung several times since update. And everytime I talk to someone you get a different story/version of the happenings. But we were promised that the features/problems the last update caused would be fixed last May or June. As you are aware they have not. 

Several people here have tried to find a facility that had the ability to flash back to Android 8. It doesn't exist. No Samsung retailer, or Phone retailer, even Verizon can perform the roll back. You can use a program to roll back but it requires a program to Root your phone which voids your warranty.

If you are to read back over these post everything has been tried to no avail. The only thing left to wonder is when the version 10 will be out? Will it fix the problems 9 caused for many Samsung phones? Will it work with the Samsung 9 Series, and or the Note 9? My guess is none of the above!

Enjay
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Android 10 is already out, few people have it on the S9 already, we should all have it this month.

Of course it's not just android 10 though, it one UI2 lol
0 Likes
TamTam85
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

There are quite a few, that owns a Galaxy S9 that won't get an update.. mine included. No one can help me and there are no Samsung Hubs in my state... Husband's phone is alright, which happens to be a S9 as well. And I have gone through all the set ups to try to get it to work.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@TamTam85 wrote:

There are quite a few, that owns a Galaxy S9 that won't get an update.. mine included. No one can help me and there are no Samsung Hubs in my state... Husband's phone is alright, which happens to be a S9 as well. And I have gone through all the set ups to try to get it to work.

Both on the same network and both got the phones from the same shop? 

0 Likes
TamTam85
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yes, it was a buy one, get one free from At&t. My husband's phone is perfectly normal but mine hasn't updated at all except the first time in October of 2018.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
That is a weird one, are they registered individually or both phones in the same name?
0 Likes
TamTam85
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Yes..... We bought them at the very same time, at the same store.. we sat next to each other and brought all our info and apps over to the new phone. Phone contract is under my name.. but we both have individual phone numbers.
0 Likes
S_Diggity
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I got the Android 10 and UI2.0 update with t-mobile on my sm-g965u1 device. It's awesome

0 Likes
muertoweirdo
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
also apparently some themes that we've purchased and edge panels that we purchased are just gone so they're stealing from us now
T-Dub
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

My S9 managed to survive a whole year on a stock ROM. I might be able to survive this mess for another week. 

Please clarify what we are calling a Samsung authorized dealer? When I go into an AT&T store, most of their Tech guys tend to be garbage and barely more knowledgeable than some kid at Walmart. Their main focus is either selling you a new phone or trying to get you to use your warranty/insurance so they can give you a scratched up refurb. Apologies to the tech guys that actually know what they're doing.

AndriodPieSucks
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Woke up to Andriod pie and feel like my 0hone got shoved back to 2010. This is quite easily Samsungs worst update of all time. What I love the Oreo software. I'd love to know how to undo this Pie update. Literally the WORST!

S9sucksnow
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Samsung customer service #1 800 726 7864. Give them a call and let them know that theres a problem since they have to make records of the said complaints. 

Stevob69420
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Well whats the point in this place then? Can they (samsung) not see this? I will be going for a firmware rewind but i really like the night mode 🙈🤣
AndriodPieSucks
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Woke up to Andriod pie and feel like my 0hone got shoved back to 2010. This is quite easily Samsungs worst update of all time. What I love the Oreo software. I'd love to know how to undo this Pie update. Literally the WORST!

Chris120
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Does anyones  s9 call people at random from the text screen I go to lock it and I hear it calling someone it does this so many times per day it's ever since the new update 

H2HMarketingTN
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Chris120 wrote:

Does anyones  s9 call people at random from the text screen I go to lock it and I hear it calling someone it does this so many times per day it's ever since the new update 

Yes, every day, all of the time. I at first thought it was a sensitivity issue but I checked all of my settings and it most definitely is not. 

On another note, if anyone figures out how to set my phone back up to STAY UNLOCKED at certain locations, please let me know. I had it set up but it will no longer work. Also, would love to know how to disable or block the ACCIDENTIAL TOUCH pop up. 

My very new and expensive  S9+ is driving me crazy and making me ready to turn it in!

Marleenvds
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I had the same issue - automatic call after using text messages

I have found a button in the setting that hopefully is the solution for this... Go to “settings - advanced functions - movements” and there on the bottom you have a button “swipe for call/message...” I have switched this off. I guess I accidentally swiped over the screen when closing my cover ? Its worth the try...

I also switched off the first button on that page “lift to activate”

Also I switched off the button “settings - advanced functions - making animations smaller”

Maritas
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you!

Like everyone else, I updated my phone and everything is a freaking mess.

I acidently called someone trying to get rid of the white bar on the message.

I am beyond jacked there is no way to get rid of all this extra ***** they just threw at us.

diceweiss
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I am so upset about this stupid UI update. I had my phone set exactly how I wanted it. Now I had to deal with Bixby and you can't full disable it anymore.I also have to involuntarily change all my settings and try to restore them to how I wanted them- as of right now I can't fully restore it and its driving me insane. 

When looking at my text messages, I DON'T NEED IT TO SAY IN BIG LETTERS "MESSAGES NO UNREAD MESSAGES" just put it back to how it was.

Why is the clock on the other side now? What was wrong with its original placement?

Why is Bixby back? Its like that crazy ex you thought was out of your life but came back - Disable that garbage and let me reprogram the button, not force me to deal with it when it pops up unwanted.

Why is the camera layout changed? WTF is BIXBY VISION? WHY IS THE AR EMOJI BACK? I removed ar emoji intentionally The whole layout was perfectly fine before.

Why are all of the icons and fonts larger? I had them small for a reason.

How come my theming changes every time I have an update? This update has been the worst offender. I set the aesthetics of this phone to my liking. This is one reason why I LOVED this phone so much

I don't want this phone to be like the Pixel with its curvy ***** windows for settings options, big stupid icons. I bought this phone because of what it did differently.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version? I HATE THIS UPDATE. Everything was fine before and now I'm having difficulty using the ***** phone.

This update has nothing to do with improving the UI to be more intuitive. Nothing about this has improved my experience. I am left frustrated and upset.

If they don't fix this, I'm switching to one of their competitors and never looking back.