Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S9 Bluetooth issues Android 9 Pie

(Topic created on: 13/06/19 14:34)
DEZEL
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have a problem when I listen to my favorite station after 2-3 minutes makes a holiday on the sound. When I light up the screen, it comes back for a while but then it does it again....:face-with-rolling-eyes:

440 REPLIES 440
vasnsx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Which version of pie are you running and is it may patch or earlier?
0 Likes
Mp4rky
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Mine a Disc Sport 2017.

Android and update as attached 

Dev Settings as attached.

Flawless except no messages..dont need them tho👍🏻Screenshot_20190607-060006_Settings.jpg

20190607_060514.jpg

0 Likes
Robert_swiss1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have the normal Touchcontrol (not Pro) in my Discovery Sport 2018. All working fine, including Calls, Messages und Streaming Spotify.

0 Likes
Kd2006
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Does installing the app fix the actual connectivity issue...?

Or just allow a workaround to amend the pbap option for those who can't?

0 Likes
Thep
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

For me, just installing fixed it. 

0 Likes
Bobsalot
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have a normal Touchcontrol (not Pro) in my Discovery Sport 2016, and installing the Bluetooth Phonebook app fixed the issues I had with my Pixel 2 Phone, which is running the latest version of Pie (5th June 2019 version). I have not changed any other phone options. I have not tested Messages, as I dont need em.

Bear in mind this is a Pixel 2 Phone, not a Samsung, but the issue I was having is identical.

G'luck!

0 Likes
Kd2006
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Looks like we have a solution!! I've also had joy with the new app fix.

Disco sport  with S8. Listened to spotify for couple of hours straight,  calls made,  calls recvd. No issues.

Fingers crossed this is the answer for everyone.  Good luck  👍👍

0 Likes
vasnsx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have a pixel 2 also. Is all that you did was install bluetooth phonebook? Any other settings? 

Can you please check if messages and or calls work, and also if dropouts occur? Thanks

0 Likes
Bobsalot
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

All I did was install the app. Music and calls work perfectly . I have not tested messages as I don't use them..

Good luck.

Bobs

0 Likes
vasnsx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

i can confirm, have tried the bluetooth phonebook app on android 9, may update S9+, Jaguar XE. Works like a charm. Hooray!

i tried the same thing on my pixel 2 XL - DID NOT WORK

i am about to try on a note 9 and will post update on weekend.

0 Likes
W99YNO
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I can validate that the note 9 works fine.

0 Likes
cremones
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Sorry to bother you with a trivial question.

Did you install the app from the Google Play Store or from the Amazon App Store?

Based on the web site of the developer, the two sitew host different versions of the app.

Thanks

Paolo

0 Likes
Kd2006
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Google play 👌
0 Likes
Bobsalot
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I used the Google Play Store version

Rob

0 Likes
ClareK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Dear All!

After months of frustration I can also do firm that by just installing the bluetooth phonebook app via the Play Store I know have stable phone calls in my 2016 Range Rover Evoque.

Thank you to those who shared and tested the app. I have had stable calls and connection for 3 days.

I have an S9+ phone. Neither Land Rover nor Car Phone Warehouse where I bought the phone have been of any help. 

This community group have been great.

ClareK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Six days on and it is working fine. No dropped calls. Text messages work fine. 

Bluetooth Phonebook app has saved the phone being binned!

0 Likes
TKCL
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Woo hoo!!! Thank you so much @Schofres  and @Robert_Swiss, the fix immediately solved the problem with my jag XF and S10!!! I've been struggling with this issue since early March, trying various settings (AVRCP, etc.) and the solution was so close! Thanks again, you guys rock!!!

0 Likes
Robert_Swiss
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The thanks belongs to @Schofres . He found this solution (at least for me).

0 Likes
Robert_Swiss
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

To get activated Developer-Mode (without rooting), go to the Settings page of your S9 or S9+, then scroll down and select "About Phone." From there, tap on "Software Information" and locate the "Build Number" entry. Once you've found it, tap on "Build Number" seven times in rapid succession, then enter your PIN to finalize.

0 Likes
Victor29
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi  

. My wife's iPhone 6 and now her new iPhone X works perfectly in her Kia and my Jag. You are absolutely right.  I am just being stubborn on this to make a point that nobody is listening to except myslelf and all I am doing is hurting myself. :smiling-face: :winking-face:
I already dumped my Google Pixel 2 a year ago because of this problem. Now I am going to dump my Jag, just on principal alone which comes due on its lease in a couple of months. 

0 Likes
trock
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

what you're implying is that it's a range rover problem, not an android problem.  either way, we all have to decide on the car or the phone.  i'll likely switch to iphone as much as it pains me.  it's easier to switch phones than cars but i understand your decision as well.  

0 Likes