Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarrassingly slow network speed

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 11:41 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

On my 5GHz network i'm putting out around 118 mbps. The speed tests from all of my other devices reflect the numbers shown. But this $900 paperweight is only pulling 54 mbps no matter what I do in the settings. Why am I paying so much for so little performance? Samsung S9+ network speedSamsung S9+ network speed

Sony Bravia TV speedsSony Bravia TV speeds

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
plaster1064
First Poster
Options

Hi,

A few questions for you? What modem/router are you using? Do you have Xfinity for internet? If so, what data plan do you have and how long have you had it? If you've had your service for awhile, it may be time to have Comcast come out and replace the old coaxial cables. Yes it makes a difference. We had to have it done

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It's a Netgear c7000v2 with Xfinity and i'm getting 125 download, 7 upload, 38ms ping, and 0 packet loss, and every piece of equipment has been replaced 3
times in the past 6 months, so it's definitely not the modem. These phones are just straight up trash...that's why the manufacturer warranty is only half of what the others are. It's paid off in 2 months, and I will NEVER deposit 1 single penny into Samsung's account ever again.

0 Likes