Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Call recorder

(Topic created on: 08/03/19 00:50)
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm on a different thread with over 30K plus people using call recording apps (I use ACR Pro) and I can no longer hear the caller only my voice, inbound and outbound calls. 

I had the S8 plus which worked perfectly so what has Samsung done to permissions on the S9 plus which I'm now using, speaking with others it has also affected the S9.

It was very quick for Samsung customer service (UK) to put blame on the app developer but this isn't an issue with the app it's the phone.

Can someone from Samsung please tell me if this can be fixed or the S9 plus is useless to me and approximately 1.5 million other ACR users using Samsung's S9 devices.

For me the facility to record is paramount, it's not an issue with the latest version of Oreo as it works on other handsets.

Samsung what have you done ?

648 REPLIES 648
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi JOXBEX

Rapturoso is right there is no app as far as I'm aware that supports WiFi calling. It's really frustrating as I quite often forget to switch off and mid call have to repeat the call. 

Whichever app your using send them a message to see if they have a workaround to this issue or working on enabling this as a feature in an update (never hurts to ask)

madhuvmr
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I tried ACR app after the latest update, it seemed to be working good, let me observer for a couple of days...

I am bit relaxed now

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yeah I'm using ACR Pro and in contact with the developer frequently, this is a link to his official page regarding call recording (feel free to ask him any questions @COPLUK is his username) 

https://bitbucket.org/copluk/acr/issues/1839/kb-samsung-android-8-call-recording-issues

0 Likes
JayUK
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I returned my S9 the same week as purchase because of this and am totally uninterested in this eventual fix of failed sales practice by Samsung. I bought a competitor product from a competitor company and see no reason whatsoever to ever return to Samsung after them having demonstrated a permanent inability to properly manage a major company without alienating and infringing the rights of customers. The next major disappointment of management such as this call recorder issue will permanently be just around the corner and I am amazed that so many people just so happily trust Samsung again. I will not make that mistake and they will be unable to validly complain next time something like this happens. 

0 Likes
Braxton0918
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Same thing on my Snapdragon 845 Note 9, 512gb variant. I thought maybe it was a software error or maybe Verizon (carrier issue) or something, but it looks like they fully disabled this on newer infinity models. This blows because what if there is ever an emergency or something? Perhaps it has to do with not being allowed to video record someone with their permission, but same thing with audio, but Samsung says they are not responsible by making you agree to the license agreement. I'm not sure why Samsung did this, but I am very unhappy with this.

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Sorry to here your having trouble Braxton, I actually thought the issue had been resolved. I know ACR is working (I’m in the UK all good here) Samsung blocked users (other than the Asian markets) due to so many laws across different Countries with regard to phone tapping. It took developers weeks some months to get a resolution in place. 

My advice would be try ACR the free version if not already and see if this works as I know it’s fine here. If not go through different apps that offer this feature to see if you can find one. You can contact the developers through the play store by means of feedback the good ones will contact you.

other things to ensure first make sure your software is up to date, then make sure your app is up to date do this first before doing any of the above. 

Good luck

0 Likes
Caffrey
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I'm having to same problem on my s9 after the update. Acr recording app will only record my voice. I had the app for so long on my phone. It has helped me out in so many ways. I'm pissed off about it and I'll never buy a Samsung phone again. Can people keep me up to date about this thanks
HeTopMo3u
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Mate brother, open new community,  to ask from samsung which we pay for them 1k of pounds, but their service is *****, samsung we want official auto call recorder to be from factory of samsung company, wtf lot of china brands have it but samsung no ????? Check please youtube, from different  country is trying  to install this software, and lot of have problem....We ask call recorder!!!!!, or we will leave you believe me. 😞

0 Likes
Caffrey
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Ryan you seem to know what your talking about with Acr recordings not working anymore. I live in Ireland and since the update Acr recordings stopped working on my phone. I have the s9. I used the app alot for work. My sort of lost without the app now cause I drive alot for work so cant always take details down. My question is. Will we be able to record both sides of a phone call again any time soon??

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Caffrey 

sorry if I forgot to reply to you it doesn’t look like there will be a work around for this update like the developers did with the S9 when they released them. 

Here’s loads of information on Reddit which goes into detail what’s gone on, it even gives possible fixes so well worth a read. It also gives you information on how to contact Google’s legal department to make a complaint (which I suggest doing if you have time) 

I’m sorry with the bad news and it certainly sucks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/comments/abh353/guidelines_for_call_recorder_apps_for_googles_ja...

Tankuo
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It is not samsung, it is google. ACR put something on their website about it, you should have gotten a notification about it when they put it up on their website if you had ACR downloaded at the time.

https://nllapps.com/apps/acr/android9.htm

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Tankuo

Please read the whole thread not the first page.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Goodole1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Tanko, You are right but remember Google is Andriod. I just posted this on ACR's site.

I suffer from neuro-motor impairment as another poster does. It is extremely difficult to for me to remember things. I'm 75 and relied heavily on the call recorder benefits of having a recorder App as I get calls while I'm driving or in the middle of something and don't have the time to stop to find a pen and paper to write the details down. . As we age we naturally have more doctors appointments and a need for such an app. I live in Florida which has a two party law. All my doctors and friends know I record all calls and if a call comes in (telemarketer) I also tell them know up front and the ones that are insistent to try to scam me, those calls I send to FCC. 

On top of all this bull, 286 members of congress repealed the privacy act and were paid from $2,554,784 (John McCain) down to $40,219 (Warren Elizabeth),  those numbers were fifty-five Senators.The rest were 194 Representatives as well that got paid handsomely by lobbyist to repeal the privacy act put in place by Obama. 286 members didn't care enough about your privacy to even vote. Now, If you want to get all hot and bothered about something, start emailing, calling and sending letters to get that act reversed. Seems to me that this is a one way ticket for some and not others and also a clear case of citizen discrimination. The government can write the law but don't have to abide by them. If Android wants to make changes how about installing an app to help ward off the robo calls like iPhone does and remove some of the tracking bloatware!!!!! 

One last thing, I just took back my new Samsung 9+ back and went back to my GS7 just because of this issue. I will not buy another phone that does not support call recording. I will wait till this phone dies then go back to iPhone. Moral of the story, if you hit a company in the pocket where it hurts, then they listen! Forget about the latest trend and glitter, keep with what works and sales will decline and they will be forced to pay attention to the buyers.

Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Yes I totally agree
0 Likes
Aztectwin
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Nothing to do with Samsung. All android phones use Google software and it is google who have stopped this. They obviously want American phones like Iphone not to lag behind as you have to pay monthly for this facility on iphone. Shame on gogle

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It is totally to do with Samsung as they have built in software for call recording which currently only works in India it's all to do with the CSC on the device which can be changed. 

Samsung simply can't be bothered in checking individual countries to allow this feature, it would be a lot of different software.

The Huawei P30 pro I've purchased in the UK works with third party applications which was a nice surprise however the phone wasn't for me so I've decided to send it back. 

If you read the whole thread it explains in detail what's happened to recording featurs and Google's policy.

Rovral
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, may I know why you returned the P30?  Because is the next phone that I would buy in a short time...

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi

Not sure if my first reply went through so here I go again (possibly)

The P30 pro was an amazing phone and it was able to record calls using third party applications, the issue I had with the phone was the pictures it took, my IPhone XS Max and Samsung S8+ In the day the pictures in my opinion were better however the P30 was amazing at night but I take a lot of pictures during the day.

Before you get one go to a store and try it out make sure your happy with it in hand.

Aa26
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi I just installed this app on my galaxy s8+. It seemed to have recorded the message but it wont play it back. None of the files are supported. I also changed the setting to play on another device, but it didnt give me any choices of other players. I know I'm probably not on the right page or post, but I am new to the samsung community. There doesnt seem to be any contact or "help" in the app. Can you point me in the right direction or help? Thank you!

SG 

COArikan
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi,

Which app did you installed?

And what is the extension of your files? (3gp, mp3, mp4, wav etc...?)

Most of call recorders can save files to cloud sites (googledrive, onedrive, dropbox etc...) and you may reach files immediately from there when your call was finished..

It may be codec or player problem but VLC is better and mostly plays all files..

0 Likes
amer2
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This is the reason I stopped using Samsung ... !! Now I use Xiaomi Redmi.