I'm on a different thread with over 30K plus people using call recording apps (I use ACR Pro) and I can no longer hear the caller only my voice, inbound and outbound calls.
I had the S8 plus which worked perfectly so what has Samsung done to permissions on the S9 plus which I'm now using, speaking with others it has also affected the S9.
It was very quick for Samsung customer service (UK) to put blame on the app developer but this isn't an issue with the app it's the phone.
Can someone from Samsung please tell me if this can be fixed or the S9 plus is useless to me and approximately 1.5 million other ACR users using Samsung's S9 devices.
For me the facility to record is paramount, it's not an issue with the latest version of Oreo as it works on other handsets.
Samsung what have you done ?
Whats your csc country specific code now after using the Thai sim? Open Settings> About phone> Software information and scroll to Service provider SW Ver. tab. You’ll find the CSC of your device right after your device model number in the first line.
I wonder if we can do the same trick but without a factory reset or without having a SIM card from Thailand.
Please post your Service Provider SW version if you want.
Celone, what country are you in now? I'm in the USA and I'm wondering if I can do that here. My phone was purchased unlocked from Best Buy.
Just make sure you follow these steps
To enable call recording on your Samsung follow these steps
1. Buy a pre paid Thailand sim card
2. Wait for it to arrive
3. Backup your phone
4. Take your sim card out
5. Factory reset your phone
6. Install the Thai sim
7. When your phone starts select your language (it will be default in Thai)
8. Go through the setup using wifi (the sim won't work data unless your actually in Thailand)
9. Take the Thai sim out turn the phone off put your sim card (that you would normally use)
10. Turn the phone on restore your phone
11. Go to your dial pad click on the top right 3 dots and select settings
12. Select call recorder (Samsung's own built in call recorder)